Zach Ertz about to be traded? [Edit: or Not]

Rubes

2 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Well, we just signed Jacob Hollister, so this thread should be dead

Why?

Bills like to go to camp 4-5 deep at TE.

Hopefully they still plan to add one or two more players there.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Well, we just signed Jacob Hollister, so this thread should be dead

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Good night, sweet prince 

Maybe/maybe not. They're definitely different players. Said this in the Hollister thread, but I think Hollister will be more of an "evolved FB"/replacement for DiMarco, than just our straight-up TE2...

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Well if the source were the Bills and you're negotiating with other TE's maybe you want them to believe you're in on Ertz. 

Lol yeah Hollister’s agent has been nervously watching this thread and when it got up to 43 pages he picked up the phone and cried “uncle.”

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Lol yeah Hollister’s agent has been nervously watching this thread and when it got up to 43 pages he picked up the phone and cried “uncle.”

You don't think negotiating takes place based on what's available in the market? Anyways I'm not the one questioning the reporter here. If the guy says he knew Tuesday then why not believe him? 

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

You don't think negotiating takes place based on what's available in the market? Anyways I'm not the one questioning the reporter here. If the guy says he knew Tuesday then why not believe him? 

I don’t think Hollister had a ton of suitors or any illusion of leverage.  His market value was pretty low.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I wouldn’t.  I’d say here’s our 5th round pick take it or leave it.  Ertz isn’t a must have 

I mean its literally a trade of just 9 spots from a late 2nd round pick.  Thats not a big deal to get an upgrade for a SB push at TE for the next couple of seasons.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Process said:

So Marcel knew since Tuesday it wasn't happening and just watched all the speculation on twitter without saying anything... Wtf man!

Wasn't he the one that thought when Beane and McDermott pushed back the press conference that it was because they were possibly finalizing the Ertz trade because of the timing of the Chargers signing Jared Cook? Why would he say that if he knew two days beforehand that it wasn't happening? It sounds weird to me