Zach Ertz about to be traded? [Edit: or Not]

Rubes

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

This offense is good. If they get him, that’s amazing. If not, it’s ok. 

Beane needs to save some money for some defensive help. The defense is no better today than they were last season, and they were bad last season. 

I get what you’re saying. I hope that they are able to add a good pass rusher this off-season.

That said, they were much better in the second half of the year. And, we are getting Star back. We know how missed he was last year. I’m not saying our defense will be all world because of him but our defense will look different (and be better) next year with him in there again.

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

This offense is good. If they get him, that’s amazing. If not, it’s ok. 

Beane needs to save some money for some defensive help. The defense is no better today than they were last season, and they were bad last season. 

Buffalo finished with the 12th highest defensive DVOA and were significantly better in the latter half of the season. This was while dealing with injuries at various times to star players (White, Milano, Edmunds), no true 1 tech and several disappointments on the DL.

So, on aggregate, they finished above average.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

I get what you’re saying. I hope that they are able to add a good pass rusher this off-season.

That said, they were much better in the second half of the year. And, we are getting Star back. We know how missed he was last year. I’m not saying our defense will be all world because of him but our defense will look different next year with him in there again.

A true lane clogger does wonders for this defense, and is the difference maker for Edmunds.  Star is good at what he does, but my guess is we get another big boy in the draft....

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Tenhigh said:

A true lane clogger does wonders for this defense, and is the difference maker for Edmunds.  Star is good at what he does, but my guess is we get another big boy in the draft....

Yeah, I'm pretty convinced Shelvin is going to be a Bill. Dude clogs lanes by existing.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Governor said:

Any news on whether or not Engram from the Giants could be available via trade?

Giants said getting Rudolph has no bearing on Engram. Likely, going to play more two te personnel. 

1 hour ago, The Governor said:

Ah. That is likely the problem. Beane won’t do a 3rd. We aren’t getting him for less than a 3rd. They love the guy too much. 

Ok... we don’t get him then so be it....

Edited by Aussie Joe

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

We don’t even have a fourth! One thing that COULD happen is the following: The Bills trade from the 30 slot down to, say, the 36th slot on draft night and get a 4th in return. They then use that 4th to swing the trade for Ertz. As Beane said yesterday, you have to be patient in these situations.

I know; I actually think a mid to late 4th would do it and that is the hang up.  Our 5th is a 6th rd talent, the raiders pick is mid 5th. 

I would rather us use the late picks to move up to the 4th instead of trading back. 

Symantics...

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I know; I actually think a mid to late 4th would do it and that is the hang up.  Our 5th is a 6th rd talent, the raiders pick is mid 5th. 

I would rather us use the late picks to move up to the 4th instead of trading back. 

Symantics...

Totally depends on who the Bills have targeted and who is available at 30. If the people they like are gone, then you trade back. That's why this might go on until draft night.

14 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Totally depends on who the Bills have targeted and who is available at 30. If the people they like are gone, then you trade back. That's why this might go on until draft night.

One question,  does Philly have the room to sign their draft class? They will need much more room than us (rookie contracts will have a higher cost basis on the top 51)...

Which could affect the timing to be sooner. Plus they may want to sign some lithe players who are FAs or soon to be cuts

My trade down scenario:

Bills send Eagles:  61st pick (late 2nd round) and 175th pick (our second 5th round pick, we also have the 162nd pick in 5th).  I’d even be willing to do the 162nd instead of the 175th if need be.

Eagles send Bills:  70th pick (3rd round) and Zack Ertz.

We trade back 9 spots and pick up Ertz giving up one of our 5th’s too.  

I would do this all day long to be honest.  

• Dislike 2

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

My trade down scenario:

Bills send Eagles:  61st pick (late 2nd round) and 175th pick (our second 5th round pick, we also have the 162nd pick in 5th).  I’d even be willing to do the 162nd instead of the 175th if need be.

Eagles send Bills:  70th pick (3rd round) and Zack Ertz.

We trade back 9 spots and pick up Ertz giving up one of our 5th’s too.  

I would do this all day long to be honest.  

I wouldn’t.  I’d say here’s our 5th round pick take it or leave it.  Ertz isn’t a must have 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

I'm over this already. The media teased this too heavily and never updated, now I'll barely be excited if it happens and will likely just complain about the cost.

then ignore the media

Beans doesn't need to bid against himself.

Philly is the team at a disadvantage. They have pretty much burned the bridge for a return there. Howie is kind of a slick conniving type and will try to fleece you if he gets a chance. With the Chargers likely moving on to Cook, only Indy remains as a possibility and I think they are hoping Ertz gets released. I hope they stick to a late round pick next year, possibly conditional.

Edited by turftoe