Zach Ertz about to be traded? [Edit: or Not]

Rubes

34 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

That was my original thought but now I'm panicking.  I think a vet TE1 would be the biggest, easiest way to improve last years squad (which was already good).  Ertz is pretty much all I see left (Rudolf/Henry/JSmith/Gronk - all gone).

Bad year not to have a 4th.  Maybe Beane can figure a way to meet them half way and get this done.  There is still competition out there - Colts/Carolina.  I'd like to see Beane just compromise and wrap this up quickly.  

Philly likely wants a 4th, and we are offering one of our 5ths or maybe even a 6th. That is the hold up. LAC were probably offering the same for a player in the last year of his contract who won't be back with that team. Entirely on Philly....

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Philly likely wants a 4th, and we are offering one of our 5ths or maybe even a 6th. That is the hold up. LAC were probably offering the same for a player in the last year of his contract who won't be back with that team. Entirely on Philly....

We don’t even have a fourth! One thing that COULD happen is the following: The Bills trade from the 30 slot down to, say, the 36th slot on draft night and get a 4th in return. They then use that 4th to swing the trade for Ertz. As Beane said yesterday, you have to be patient in these situations.

8 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

I can’t believe I keep coming to this thread expecting to find some real news...

Joe Marino said on locked on bills podcast today that Beane is waiting out roseman who will either eventually cave because he’s a bad GM, or ertz will go elsewhere and Beane will say “oh well” and move on because he doesn’t “need” him he’s just a piece of what is a WR-Centric offense 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Joe Marino said on locked on bills podcast today that Beane is waiting out roseman who will either eventually cave because he’s a bad GM, or ertz will go elsewhere and Beane will say “oh well” and move on because he doesn’t “need” him he’s just a piece of what is a WR-Centric offense 

I have to agree with him 100%

So where do we think we are with this? Philly probably started at a 2nd rounder (yes, I know) and Beane was thinking a 5th. Philly has probably come down to a 3rd and Beane a 4th.

Is a 3rd rounder worth 8-12 TD’s next year? I’d say so. What 3rd rounder could we draft that would give us that kind of production? None.

Just now, DJB said:

I take no issue of moving a 4th for Ertz. I dont love the player but he's an upgrade and look at most 4th round rookie picks. 

We have no 4th this year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, The Governor said:

So where do we think we are with this? Philly probably started at a 2nd rounder (yes, I know) and Beane was thinking a 5th. Philly has probably come down to a 3rd and Beane a 4th.

Is a 3rd rounder worth 8-12 TD’s next year? I’d say so. What 3rd rounder could we draft that would give us that kind of production? None.

You also have to add in the fact that that we'll have that 3rd rounder for 4 years at a super cheap rate, while Ertz will be a 1 year rental at a much higher price.  And that 8-12 TDs is a bit of a stretch.  LIkely, most of the TDs Ertz would score on this offense would have been rushing TDs last year by Josh.   I'm not saying I'm against getting him, but a 3rd is pretty high, when you include everything else.  

Edited by Tenhigh
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

We have no 4th this year. 

Ah. That is likely the problem. Beane won’t do a 3rd. We aren’t getting him for less than a 3rd. They love the guy too much. They’ll get pelted with batteries if they don’t get fair compensation.

40 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

This offense is good. If they get him, that’s amazing. If not, it’s ok. 

Beane needs to save some money for some defensive help. The defense is no better today than they were last season, and they were bad last season. 

They were bad in the first half of the year...much improved and in the top 10 the 2nd half of the year.

2 minutes ago, DJB said:

We can't move a 4th next year? :)

I'm sure they would want immediate compensation as well. If we packaged next year's 4th with another pick, say a 5th, they might go for it. It's all up to Beane and I trust whatever he chooses to do. 

• Agree 1