Zach Ertz about to be traded? [Edit: or Not]

Rubes

1 minute ago, foreboding said:

I clicked on this again, only because I was shocked it was still near the top. Here I am adding to the dribble.

You certainly are.  This is an NFL forum...

54 minutes ago, Doc said:

Beane had to overspend to get players to come to Buffalo.  With Josh's ascendancy to elite status, that should no longer be the case.  And obviously the pandemic didn't help matters any this year and seems to be affecting their plans for next year.

As for the average age this year, it might not be much higher.  They shed a lot of age with guys like Nsekhe, Brown, Kroft, Jefferson, Roberts, Norman, Winters, etc., while the oldest guy they added was Sanders at 34.  Ertz would push it up more but if they produce as expected and teach the younger guys, it will be well worth it. I'd rather be a talented slightly older team than a lousy young one.

Thinking being a young team is an advantage is an outdated, ignorant idea from 30 years ago when teams had control of players for the first 7-8 years of their careers.

You can only hold onto young players inexpensively for 4 years now.........you gotta' turn a program around fast and just trying to stack young players is not very smart.

The Bills are a bit off balance on the old side,  but the way they chose to re-tool the team put them in position to make a lot of money mistakes.  

But you are wrong about the Bills having made a dent in their average age.

The math isn't that hard........say you bring back 40 players and the next 11 are the same average age as those you replaced........then your roster is .75 years older.

Which is A LOT of age movement on the scale.

It takes a lot of age movement downward in that bottom 11 to move that big of a number.

So yeah, they cut 28 year old Quinton Jefferson........but replaced him with 29 year old Efe Obada.    They cut 29 year old Winters and replaced him with 27 year old Forest Lamp.     They cut 30 year old John Brown and replaced him with 34 year old Emmanuel Sanders.    Tyler Kroft turned 28 last season,  Jacob Hollister turns 28 this season.    Nskehe turned 35 last season.......but Star is back and he turns 32 next season.     122 years to 122 years.   Net zero difference.  

If they add an Ertz or a Richard Sherman maybe that adds a little to the total but really the big number is mostly the team just getting a year older.    They will be one of the oldest teams in the NFL.

Edited by BADOLBILZ

Just wanted to come back to this and thank you all for the contributions. I am very proud of this thread. Keep it up!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Colts fans are incredibly nice people. We can do a warm hand off of this thread to their forum. Including a few recipes would be a nice touch.

I vote for a good chili—I’d bet they would appreciate that in their neck of the woods 🤔?

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I vote for a good chili—I’d bet they would appreciate that in their neck of the woods 🤔?

I can get behind the chili idea, any special recipes out there?

• Like (+1) 1

IMO any chance that Beane was going to trade picks for Ertz is over and done with.

I extremely doubt he now will trade future picks and take on the current cap hit.

For all practical purposes the roster going into camp is pretty much set with maybe the exception of a vet CB.

The rest of the slots will mostly be made up of UDFAs and vet minimum players.

Don't you love it when a team plays hardball with interested teams then receive nothing after he is waived ?

I know I read some team offered a 4th and if Philly now waives Ertz, that GM should be fired

• Shocked 1

10 hours ago, purple haze said:

I have no value to add.  I just wanted to say I had a post in the thread that won’t die.   It’s like a message board horror flick.

And on that note, looking at the last 10 posts, we have 2 related to the topic and a 3rd related to football.

I do believe if Zach Ertz is actually traded or even released and signs elsewhere, it's time for......... a New Thread.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 3