Zach Ertz about to be traded? [Edit: or Not]

Rubes

I hope the Bills have kept negotiating.  Don't want to see Ertz hit the open market.

I now like the idea of trading a DLineman, probably Addison, for Ertz.  Move money out of the DLine and into the Offense, particularly TE.  I'd like a 2 yr deal on Ertz for reasonable money.  The dream is still alive!

4 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I hope the Bills have kept negotiating.  Don't want to see Ertz hit the open market.

I now like the idea of trading a DLineman, probably Addison, for Ertz.  Move money out of the DLine and into the Offense, particularly TE.  I'd like a 2 yr deal on Ertz for reasonable money.  The dream is still alive!

I think the Bills would be a very attractive destination for Ertz.  But negotiating a new contract would be best.

5 minutes ago, junior12thman92 said:

June 1st is 22 days from now... do we think it's possible to average 1.77 pages/day to get us to 100 by then?

I'm a team player.  I'm doing my part.  

And, for the record, I'm not very interested in Ertz.  Too old, on the downslope.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Weatherman said:

Because they’re on the cusp of a championship and Ertz will push them over the edge. They should def drop big $ on a TE that’s on his last legs.  

They have 39M cap room for this upcoming season.....I’m quite sure that can make it work without running into cap problems 

25 minutes ago, NewEra said:

They have 39M cap room for this upcoming season.....I’m quite sure that can make it work without running into cap problems 

Swing and a miss.  It has nothing to do with cap, you have a rookie QB, RB, HC, and very young team that’s going through a complete overhaul.  Adding an old TE with an injury history and very questionable longevity IMO is not a move that would benefit this team long term.  This is a move a team on the cusp would make.  

30 minutes ago, NewEra said:

And that is why Beane cannot allow this to become a bidding war.  Ertz hits the open market and it's trouble, regardless of what they say (see JJ Watt).

Needs to get creative and figure this out with a trade/redistribution of assets.  

4 hours ago, Weatherman said:

Because they’re on the cusp of a championship and Ertz will push them over the edge. They should def drop big $ on a TE that’s on his last legs.  

Agreed. Now that they addressed the non-issue at running back, it's time to throw the chips in. Maybe they are hoping Ertz is enticed because they have similar jersey colours #TealWithIt

• Haha (+1) 1

I’m over Zach Ertz.

At this point, I’d rather they sign Jesse James or Tyler Eifert to a cheap deal.

It’s clear they still believe in Knox and are gonna give him every opportunity to have a breakout year. Ertz signing here would detract from that opportunity.

Im particularly intrigued by Eifert, who seems to have gotten past his injury issues (has played 31 games the past two seasons) and his 30 years old. 6’6”, could help in the red zone. Give me Knox/Eifert/Hollister or Knox/James/Hollister and I’m good. 

Oh...and Tommy Sweeney returning at full strength could be a nice boost, too. He had some nice moments as a rookie.

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Oh...and Tommy Sweeney returning at full strength could be a nice boost, too. He had some nice moments as a rookie.

You mean in the pre-season and the final game that did not matter.

26 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

Swing and a miss.  It has nothing to do with cap, you have a rookie QB, RB, HC, and very young team that’s going through a complete overhaul.  Adding an old TE with an injury history and very questionable longevity IMO is not a move that would benefit this team long term.  This is a move a team on the cusp would make.  

In your opinion.  

Urban Meters wants to win as many games as possible.....starting this season.  Chris Mannhertz is their starting TE.  A veteran like Ertz would be a sizable upgrade and only cost them cap room....which they have plenty of.  

it might not make sense for Ertz to go there if money isn’t his only priority.....but jags are trying to win as many games as they can.  If Chris Mannhertz happened to be their TE of the future, then I’d agree with you.  Imo, he’s not their TE of the future.  He’s the TE by default.  

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I'm a team player.  I'm doing my part.  

And, for the record, I'm not very interested in Ertz.  Too old, on the downslope.  

He is getting too old. Bills should have done a deal for him 60 pages ago.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

In your opinion.  

Urban Meters wants to win as many games as possible.....starting this season.  Chris Mannhertz is their starting TE.  A veteran like Ertz would be a sizable upgrade and only cost them cap room....which they have plenty of.  

it might not make sense for Ertz to go there if money isn’t his only priority.....but jags are trying to win as many games as they can.  If Chris Mannhertz happened to be their TE of the future, then I’d agree with you.  Imo, he’s not their TE of the future.  He’s the TE by default.  

Every team is trying to win as many games as they can...obviously.  My point is that a vet TE with a low shelf life is not beneficial to a team focused on youth and continuity. Yes they need vet leadership, but most likely not at this point of their rebuild.  

1 minute ago, Weatherman said:

Every team is trying to win as many games as they can...obviously.  My point is that a vet TE with a low shelf life is not beneficial to a team focused on youth and continuity. Yes they need vet leadership, but most likely not at this point of their rebuild.  

The Bills have been adding older vets all along. 

3 minutes ago, without a drought said:

It's hard to imagine any real scenario where Ertz is the difference between a championship or not.

True.  I mean, how much better could Ertz make the Bills' offense (or so the argument goes)?

34 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

Meanwhile, they signed Tim Tebow.....youth and continuity you say?  Philosophy, out the window. Ertz >> Tebow.  They have cap room. It makes sense to upgrade a position where they have no talent, regardless of how old he is.....30 years old.  He’s not that old.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Meanwhile, they signed Tim Tebow.....youth and continuity you say?  Philosophy, out the window. Ertz >> Tebow.  They have cap room. It makes sense to upgrade a position where they have no talent, regardless of how old he is.....30 years old.  He’s not that old.

You seriously think Tebow is anything other than a camp body?  Even if he makes the team, which he won’t, it will be for vet min and a backup role.  It’s not just age with Ertz it’s injuries.  I feel like I’m debating with a brick wall, at least be slightly open minded.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

True.  I mean, how much better could Ertz make the Bills' offense (or so the argument goes)?

Having a TE that can catch is always optimal.  If he can stay healthy I would say he would be a significant upgrade and a difference maker.  

1 hour ago, without a drought said:

It's hard to imagine any real scenario where Ertz is the difference between a championship or not.

Besides JA, TW, and SD I could make the same argument for all the other players currently on the roster.