Zach Ertz about to be traded? [Edit: or Not]

Rubes

Is it soup yet?

30 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You left out Star.

No,  I brought up the $60M+ in cap space they have exhausted on bad 1 tech play since they dealt Dareus midway thru 2017.    But hey,  got the two worst performing seasons of Star Lotulelei's career out of the deal.   And only $10M more owed guaranteed,  whether Star makes the 53 or not. :beer:   

20 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No,  I brought up the $60M+ in cap space they have exhausted on bad 1 tech play since they dealt Dareus midway thru 2017.    But hey,  got the two worst performing seasons of Star Lotulelei's career out of the deal.   And only $10M more owed guaranteed,  whether Star makes the 53 or not. :beer:   

I was talking to New Era.

21 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

What’s Dareus doing these days?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

What’s Dareus doing these days?

I think he just got up for a snack!

It’s really a shame. If he had managed to get the kind of focus and intensity Bruce managed to achieve,  there is no telling what he might have achieved. All the natural ability in the world, but like a golfer, you need to have it between the ears. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I was talking to New Era.

Whom I had responded to 27 hours prior.

Don't worry,  I didn't forget that signing Star was a bad decision by McBeane.

What was the worst Beane decision of this offseason?

My vote is the Edmunds 5th year option..........they probably don't want to extend Edmunds at a figure Edmunds agent would like yet...........if he suffers a career altering injury like so many former stud Bills LB's they could have tied up $13M in 2022 for a non-player.    Which could now impact their willingness to do something this spring/summer like push money into 2022 to sign a Zach Ertz or a veteran CB.     Kinda' like extending Eric Wood early backfired into a lost $10M except that was 6 months early and this is like 17 months early.    

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

My vote is the Edmunds 5th year option..........they probably don't want to extend Edmunds at a figure Edmunds agent would like yet...........if he suffers a career altering injury like so many former stud Bills LB's they could have tied up $13M in 2022 for a non-player.    Which could now impact their willingness to do something this spring/summer like push money into 2022 to sign a Zach Ertz or a veteran CB.     Kinda' like extending Eric Wood early backfired into a lost $10M except that was 6 months early and this is like 17 months early.    

You’re right man, Beane is an utter failure.  If we only had you as GM.  

Also, thanks for explaining how the 5th year option works.  Did every GM who picked up a 5th this year fail or was it just Beane?  Can players on other teams get hurt or only Edmunds?

• Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Are you Jimmy  Shaker?

I love that movie.  GIVE ME BACK MY SON!  

Ransom.

Hahaha! It's a new day, and I'm heading out to buy a comic book.

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Thank you for demonstrating his point and mine: that this is a thread about Zach Etta but you just can’t refrain from bringing in and riding your personal hobby horses to exhaustion.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1