Zach Ertz about to be traded? [Edit: or Not]

Rubes

18 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

If he is cut though, boy that would be an amazing pickup.

He and his agent have made it clear thru their NFL insider mouthpieces that he wants out of Philly.    

I know some people think the Eagles owe it to him to let him become a free agent........but if I were the Eagles I'd let him sit and wait until TC and preseason games and see if someone gets an injury and becomes desperate for a TE so that I could get something of value for him.

Also, him catching on with a team late, without benefit of an offseason with the new team,  greatly decreases his chance of having much impact.  If they let him go and he puts up 80+ grabs for his new team Roseman will catch hell from the media and fanbase for it.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Isn't that ALWAYS the case...."unless the price is right." What would be the alternative "Ertz is gone as soon as the Eagles get fleeced"?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Pro athletes have no sense of real world finances...Ertz will screw up bidding on the showcase. 🤨

Further, please note the guy falling over in the clip is a New England Patriot enjoying the off season, with an impromptu visit to Hollywood.  The lady was flagged for interference. 🤨

• Haha (+1) 1

Buffalo will need to do some cap gymnastics but I assume they would be in on him.  If he actually becomes a Bill this would go against every historical indicator for threads of this level of size and substance.  

Edited by Mat68

4 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Eagles: we're not trading you, but by God we'll release you and make you a free agent!

that's Green Bay level of GM skill right there 

They were bluffing and trying to get an asset in return.

38 minutes ago, TOboy said:

They were bluffing and trying to get an asset in return.

True, but there is only one Brandon Beane. 

Beane got a draft pick for Lee Smith, who everyone thought was retiring! No way Philly's dysfunctional front office was going to get one over on Beane.