Zach Ertz about to be traded? [Edit: or Not]

Rubes

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Nobody wants to pay him $8M.........and he has no leverage to get an extension coming off a bad season......nor does he have incentive to lower his cap #.

So not much point in the Bills handing over third round value in a trade right?

• Agree 3

The value of Ertz at his current salary is a 4th at best. Bills probably walked away after offering a 5th. There’s a reason nobody else wanted to trade for him.

Anyone talking about anything close to 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round value only knows the name Ertz and hasn’t followed the production dip. He’s not the same and he’s expensive.

13 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Nobody wants to pay him $8M.........and he has no leverage to get an extension coming off a bad season......nor does he have incentive to lower his cap #.

His $8.5M salary is not guaranteed so I think the Iggles are probably keeping him this season.  (Either that or they are really screwing him around and I don’t think that’s the case.)  They’ve cleared enough space that they don’t have to get rid of him so unless they get something decent for him they’ll probably just sit tight.

With his contract situation and coming off a down year I do not see any team making it worth it to the Iggles to trade him.  It’s sort of a no man’s land situation. 

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Can we just trade somebody for this guy instead? Looks like a pretty athletic downhill runner and upgrade to our TE room? 🧐

giphy.gif

We have that guy in Knox, it’s getting the passes caught that are the issue.

6 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Reggie Gilliam randomly changed his number to 81.

It was 86.

Zack Ertz is 86.

Kroft was 81. Kroft is gone.

Gilliam has been 41, 21 and 14. I think he just likes 81 better than 86.