Zach Ertz about to be traded? [Edit: or Not]

Rubes

30 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/XSR340/history/20210322/1810Z/KBUF/KMDW

Zach's wife plays for Chicago soccer team who is in preseason right now.  Stadium is about 13 mins away from airport.  I'm assuming they would stay near the stadium.

For anyone with instagram, check Ertz's instagram story.  Something may have happened last night.

Love the flight tracker and it makes perfect sense 

We probably called phillys bluff and it’s take it or release him 

and at this point it looks bad on Phillys FO to cut a player so late in FA with teams so low in cap

Edited by mikemac2001

On 3/20/2021 at 2:25 PM, Draconator said:

I believe Ertz will be traded. 

I believe Ertz will be traded to Buffalo.

I think it will happen soon.

However...

This particular version of this song keeps going through my head when refreshing Twitter to see if Ertz has been traded to Buffalo...

I think Ertz would do a better job at lead vocalist than this fellow...

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

A mock I saw yesterday had Pitts to Philadelphia. Beane just needs to wait out Philadelphia to lower the price. I bet they can get him for a 5rh rounder this year or a conditional 3rd in 2022. They won't want him around after the draft.

Mike Ginnitti of Spotrac, who I've noticed has a lot of insider info on the Bills, suggested on his most recent podcast that the Eagles will release Ertz if they can't trade him and everyone in the league knows it.  He mentioned trade comp. would be a 7th rounder, take it or leave it, because teams know he's getting cut.

So I think the Bills offer is likely in the 6th maybe even 7th round range & I believe the Bills would want to slightly trim his salary and probably tack on an additional void year for cap purposes.

Ertz is currently due $8.25M in cash and the Cap hit would be the same.  I'd expect the Bills to want to rip up that deal and so something like this:

1 year $6.5M deal with a voidable 2nd year to spread out the signing bonus and lower the 2021 cap hit

2020: $3M SB, $3.5M BS, $5M Cap Hit

2021: Voids, $1.5M Dead Cap Hit

I'm sure Ertz wouldn't be thrilled to take a $1.75M haircut, but he very clearly wants out of Philly and a compromise might need to be made on his part.......& joining the Bills would be a great spot to play on a 1 year prove it deal affording him the opportunity to hit FA again next year when the FA $$$ should be much healthier. 

It also makes a ton of sense for the Bills who could use a TE weapon this year.  If Ertz has a solid season & decides to get paid elsewhere in FA the Bills would be in line for something like a 5th round compensatory pick. Smart roster building all the way around!

Edited by Estro
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I can’t see Ertz taking much less than the $8m per year he’s due.  Maybe the Bills can build incentives into his contract to get him there but if Kyle Rudolph is getting $8m per year over 2 years, there’s no reason for Ertz to accept something below that.  I’m sure the Bills can structure a deal that pays him $8m per year but has a lower cap hit in 2021.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Estro said:

Mike Ginnitti of Spotrac, who I've noticed has a lot of insider info on the Bills, suggested on his most recent podcast that the Eagles will release Ertz if they can't trade him and everyone in the league knows it.  He mentioned trade comp. would be a 7th rounder take it or leave it because teams know he's getting cut.

So I think the Bills offer is likely in the 6th maybe even 7th round range & I believe the Bills would want to slightly trim his salary and probably tack on an additional year for cap purposes.

Ertz is currently due $8.25M in cash and the Cao hit would be the same.  I'd expect the Bills to want to rip up that deal and so something like this:

1 year $6M deal with a voidabke 2nd year to spread out the signing bonus and lower the 2021 cap hit

2020: $3M SB, $3.5M BS, $5M Cap Hit

2021: Voids, $1.5M Dead Cap Hit

I'm sure Ertz wouldn't be thrilled to take a $1.75M haircut, but he very clearly wants out of Philly and a compromise might need to be made on his part.......& joining the Bills would be a great spot to play on a 1 year prove it deal affording him the opportunity to hit FA again next year when the FA $$$ should be much healthier 

It also makes a ton of sense for the Bills who could use a TE weapon this year.  If Ertz has a solid season & decides to get paid elsewhere in FA the Bills would be in line for something like a 5th round compensatory pick. Smart roster building all the way around!

Agree. Honestly I'd give up a 5th for him. There just aren't that many roster spots that are up for grabs at this point. A fifth round pick will be hard pressed to even make the team.  Get Ertz, a few front 7 defenders, and maybe a CB or RB. Trade your 6th and 7th roundersfor picks next year. 

Ertz, resigning Ike and a vet Dline player (either a one tech or a edge reclamation project) would be a nice way to round out free agency. You then go into the draft and you can draft an edge rusher and corner to solidify the defense and a OT in round three for some Oline depth and then draft depth in round 5 to 7. I don’t see this Ertz situation getting resolved soon however.

8 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I can’t see Ertz taking much less than the $8m per year he’s due.  Maybe the Bills can build incentives into his contract to get him there but if Kyle Rudolph is getting $8m per year over 2 years, there’s no reason for Ertz to accept something below that.  I’m sure the Bills can structure a deal that pays him $8m per year but has a lower cap hit in 2021.  

Echo.

👍

On 3/22/2021 at 9:41 AM, Ethan in Portland said:

A mock I saw yesterday had Pitts to Philadelphia. Beane just needs to wait out Philadelphia to lower the price. I bet they can get him for a 5rh rounder this year or a conditional 3rd in 2022. They won't want him around after the draft.

I think it’s more likely they go QB.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, CSBill said:

It truly is disappointing. Not sure what hurts more, no Ertz or not getting to 50 ???

Yeah, this will never reach the greatness of the Jeremy Maclin thread. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

When it started - this thread was checked on by me as often as a steak on the grill...Got to wonder if there is a trade in principle and it will wait until draft day to become for real. The only thing I know for sure is this will reach 50 pages. "C'mon - yoooouu can do-it!"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2