Zach Ertz about to be traded? [Edit: or Not]

Rubes

43 minutes ago, Process said:

So Marcel knew since Tuesday it wasn't happening and just watched all the speculation on twitter without saying anything... Wtf man!

I had the same feeling and reached out to him. Seeing his response, I wish it would have been shared on Twitter as much as Albright's tweets were. 

Screenshot_20210319-155110.png

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Wasn't he the one that thought when Beane and McDermott pushed back the press conference that it was because they were possibly finalizing the Ertz trade because of the timing of the Chargers signing Jared Cook? Why would he say that if he knew two days beforehand that it wasn't happening? It sounds weird to me

Yes

• Like (+1) 1
  • Angry 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes

That is weird.  Sounds like Marcel L-J trying to have it both ways - wiser than Allbright in knowing there was nothing happening with the Eagles, but not ready to put it out there publically on Twitter and willing to imply "hey, maybe there is something happening" yesterday.

• Angry 1

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That is weird.  Sounds like Marcel L-J trying to have it both ways - wiser than Allbright in knowing there was nothing happening with the Eagles, but not ready to put it out there publically on Twitter and willing to imply "hey, maybe there is something happening" yesterday.

Yea, he seems full of it

35 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

So we were all exactly correct about Cynthia Frelund's rumor:

She’s made other comments that lead me to believe she was referring to Evan Engram, TE, Giants 

12 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

If Ertz gets cut, I assume he’s going to the Colts.  You’d think Roseman would be happy to get a 5th just so he doesn’t go to Colts and it turns into Brady and Gronk part 2.  

Like teams have to game plan him.

Teams, fans and the media always worried about average players coming back to haunt them.

19 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

If Ertz gets cut, I assume he’s going to the Colts.  You’d think Roseman would be happy to get a 5th just so he doesn’t go to Colts and it turns into Brady and Gronk part 2.  

Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA

32 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

That’s just based on marcel’s tweet above that as of Tuesday they wanted a 3rd and the Bills weren’t going there 

2 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Wasn't he the one that thought when Beane and McDermott pushed back the press conference that it was because they were possibly finalizing the Ertz trade because of the timing of the Chargers signing Jared Cook? Why would he say that if he knew two days beforehand that it wasn't happening? It sounds weird to me

Yes.  Yes, he was.  Yolo quoted that upthread.  

Contradictory.

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

My trade down scenario:

Bills send Eagles:  61st pick (late 2nd round) and 175th pick (our second 5th round pick, we also have the 162nd pick in 5th).  I’d even be willing to do the 162nd instead of the 175th if need be.

Eagles send Bills:  70th pick (3rd round) and Zack Ertz.

We trade back 9 spots and pick up Ertz giving up one of our 5th’s too.  

I would do this all day long to be honest.  

I think Beane would consider that too high a price to pay for an $8M 1 year rental of a guy who'll turn 31 during the season.

But that's just my view.

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Howie Roseman is an idiot. If Ertz forces the issue he might just have to outright release him later in the offseason.

Maybe he believes he can coax a 3rd out of the Colts or another team where the big salary isn't so problematic

• Like (+1) 1