Zach Ertz about to be traded? [Edit: or Not]

Rubes

I thought we were the Toilet Bowl.

image.thumb.png.0b3fee99f4d7c0ab2de5169ac9977e8e.png

I feel so clean, I just want to go again.  😏🏈

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Big Baller Beane trying to wait them out

CBS reported they want a 3rd or 4th.  Beane’s just waiting for them to cut him.  The Eagles are still $4.5 mil. over so we’ll see.

Edited by machine gun kelly

10 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

CBS reported they want a 3rd or 4th.  Beane’s just waiting for them to cut him.  The Eagles are still $4.5 mil. over so we’ll see.

The TE market has been hot so I think they will need to give up a pick...I think a 5th is as high as they should go 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am sure there are people that think it’s only a matter of time

I'm one of those people, I think he will have a very nice 2021, I still want Ertz though.

2 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

I can’t believe I keep coming to this thread expecting to find some real news...

well the last one you were on you finally figured out who Cynthia Frelund was, so there's hope for you yet!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

The TE market has been hot so I think they will need to give up a pick...I think a 5th is as high as they should go 

That’s not gonna get it done but we should be fine with that. It’s not a life or death signing. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Maybe we draft  Pat Freiermuth from Penn State, definitely has potential as an athletic pass catcher.

is TJ Hockenson available? Also has he done anything in Detroit, he was a studd in college?

He actually had a solid year last year, so I doubt it. 67 catches, 723 yards, and 6 touchdowns.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I thought we were the Toilet Bowl.

image.thumb.png.0b3fee99f4d7c0ab2de5169ac9977e8e.png

I feel so clean, I just want to go again.  😏🏈

Didn’t the Eagles need to get under the cap by Wednesday?  I don’t understand the NFL’s rules.

Honestly Strive, I’m sure someone will enlighten but as of midnight on Spotrac, they were -$4.5mil.  The rules as they’ve been explained to me was the league starts shedding players for you if you don’t do it yourself.  I swear this issue is brought up almost daily on NFLR.  Being in sales and Mgmt, I’m in the car all day long.  I’d rather listen to to WGR (at least when they are talking Bills) or NFLR, than to music.

So good question as Spotrac is on it almost in real time once.  One of the capologists on this board smarter than me will enlighten us.  It’s why I brought it up as I was expecting someone to help.  I just opened Spotrac Eagles again and numbers haven’t changed.  It’s funny  if the Eagles release him they save $4.7 of the listed deficit $4.85.  Other teams will fly to pick him up as they can rework his deal.  

So capologists, please enlighten us.  BTW the $4.85 is the estimated top 51.

3 hours ago, Watkins101 said:

He actually had a solid year last year, so I doubt it. 67 catches, 723 yards, and 6 touchdowns.

He’d be great, but I doubt they are open to a trade, and they eat a lot of dead cap to trade him.

41 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Didn’t the Eagles need to get under the cap by Wednesday?  I don’t understand the NFL’s rules.

They do, and were under. They did not need to move Ertz to get under. There doesn’t seem to be a site that tracks NFL numbers on real time. In hockey, there are multiple sites that do. I have yet to find one for football and it may have to do with how easy it is to maneuver around the cap.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I haven't watched Trubisky that much, but I thought the "word" on him was that his arm wasn't that strong

He has a great arm.  My buddy is a bears fan and I've watch a bunch of his games. 

He has very similar tools as allen.  Size.   Good runner.  And strong arm.  

What he lacks is a lot of what Josh did.  Mechanics break down under pressure leading to inaccurate throws.  1 read usually but takes safe throws unlock josh.  Honestly the offense they had him in sucked.    I this offense with some runs and movement he would be pretty decent. I've said this to my buddy for 2 years. 

5 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

That was my original thought but now I'm panicking.  I think a vet TE1 would be the biggest, easiest way to improve last years squad (which was already good).  Ertz is pretty much all I see left (Rudolf/Henry/JSmith/Gronk - all gone).

Bad year not to have a 4th.  Maybe Beane can figure a way to meet them half way and get this done.  There is still competition out there - Colts/Carolina.  I'd like to see Beane just compromise and wrap this up quickly.  

This on the latest is also on our News tab, but I thought deserves to be highlighted in the thread:

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2021/03/nfl-trade-rumors-bills-wont-up-offer-for-eagles-zach-ertz-report.html

At least the Chargers with Cook's signing may also be less likely to reach now for Ertz and box us out, we'll see. Who blinks first?  

• Thank you (+1) 1