Zach Ertz about to be traded? [Edit: or Not]

Rubes

53 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Guys.. I hate to be that guy but to all those reporters thinking that Ertz following the Bills is some kind of cryptic message, he also follows the following teams too.

Screenshot_20210318-180209_Instagram.jpg

Yes but none of those other teams offered a trade to Eagles. Bills and Chargers gave offers and then Chargers signed Cook so we may be only team that has an offer on the table

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2021/03/nfl-trade-rumors-bills-wont-up-offer-for-eagles-zach-ertz-report.html

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

I don’t think so, not necessarily. He could be a great developmental prospect. What would you do if you could sign a talent like Trubisky for $2.5M? Trubisky could potentially yield future draft picks if this plays out a certain way.

I'm not understanding your argument, the Trubisky signing was a good one. Fromm will never be anything more than a low-level backup in the NFL. 

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Just aside and to let some know that he really was decent, in 93-94 over 32 games Big Pete caught 117 passes for 1,037 yards and 9 TDs.

I could be wrong, but I believe it is the most successful two years of receiving by a Bills' TE in their 60 plus year history.

I honestly could live with 59 receptions, for 518 yards and 5 tds from a single TE next year, let alone that as a position I believe they caught around 40 balls this year (albeit 8 TDs).

Yeah that’s pretty decent. But not really good. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

I'm not understanding your argument, the Trubisky signing was a good one. Fromm will never be anything more than a low-level backup in the NFL. 

I’m not so sure about that. You could be right, obviously it doesn’t take a mathematician to calculate the odds of Fromm being a starting NFL QB or not, but that doesn’t mean you don’t load the pipeline and develop players behind Josh. Who knows? You might get lucky. 

Just now, Victory Formation said:

I’m not so sure about that. You could be right, obviously it doesn’t take a mathematician to calculate the odds of Fromm being a starting NFL QB or not, but that doesn’t mean you don’t load the pipeline and develop players behind Josh. Who knows? You might get lucky. 

Sure, hang onto him in case of emergency, but also don't let him be the direct backup. And trade him if any reasonable valued offer comes your way. But yeah, a 3rd Qb is probably more valuable for insurance purposes than, a backup long snapper. 

I just hope we don't ever plan on him becoming anything, because I sure don't see it happening...

1 minute ago, glazeduck said:

Sure, hang onto him in case of emergency, but also don't let him be the direct backup. And trade him if any reasonable valued offer comes your way. But yeah, a 3rd Qb is probably more valuable for insurance purposes than, a backup long snapper. 

I just hope we don't ever plan on him becoming anything, because I sure don't see it happening...

Who knows? Maybe you find yourself in a Matt Cassel situation? It’s possible. He has a decent arm, not great but okay, good enough. He had pretty solid production at Georgia. If you remember, some had him as a RD2 pick and he slipped for various reasons. Personally I think Josh is elite, I’m a big fan of his, but if you can develop players like Fromm and Trubisky behind him we’re just going to end up with more draft picks. Their combined salary is like $3M. Who cares?

1 hour ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Guys.. I hate to be that guy but to all those reporters thinking that Ertz following the Bills is some kind of cryptic message, he also follows the following teams too.

Screenshot_20210318-180209_Instagram.jpg

He must have just did that ;)👼

1 hour ago, Logic said:

People keep saying versions of this, but a trade for Ertz will necessarily include a contract extension, and there are ways that Beane can structure it do that Ertz is affordable this year (signing bonus, backloaded deal, etc).

How long do you want to tie yourself to a guy who is over 30 and coming off an injury, though?

5 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

My only issue with this is we only signed Trubisky to a 1 year deal and Beane himself said he doesn't see him here longer than that. We'd have Josh Allen and no one behind him next season. 

I’m sure they can find someone - shouldn’t prevent them from using Fromm as an asset if they don’t love him. I doubt they want to have 3 QBs on the 53 so he’s destined for the PS anyway. His quarantine Qb role is likely going to be obsolete. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m sure they can find someone - shouldn’t prevent them from using Fromm as an asset if they don’t love him. I doubt they want to have 3 QBs on the 53 so he’s destined for the PS anyway. His quarantine Qb role is likely going to be obsolete. 

If nothing else, a year of Trubisky gives them a year for Fromm to develop like a normal rookie and actually take snaps with the team and (hopefully) play in preseason and so forth. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I have been wrong about just every FA

move by the Bills, so I expect this will be no different. But my view is they have no interest in trading for Ertz or really paying him. They are thinking Knox is better, and may just look to bring in a solid #2 blocking type.

I think Ertz would be the Kroft replacement and Knox remains the #1

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1