Zach Ertz about to be traded? [Edit: or Not]

Rubes

6 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Just aside and to let some know that he really was decent, in 93-94 over 32 games Big Pete caught 117 passes for 1,037 yards and 9 TDs.

I could be wrong, but I believe it is the most successful two years of receiving by a Bills' TE in their 60 plus year history.

I honestly could live with 59 receptions, for 518 yards and 5 tds from a single TE next year, let alone that as a position I believe they caught around 40 balls this year (albeit 8 TDs).

Reuben Gant had 1054 yards and 7 Td’s over two seasons in a run heavy era, just to add to the debate.

And, I forgot, a 14 game season.

Edited by Mcdermott
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Mcdermott said:

Reuben Gant had 1054 yards and 7 Td’s over two seasons in a run heavy era, just to add to the debate.

Love it, McD, love it.  Thank you for the add. 

Oh, and honestly, he did have the dropsies and he was a first round pick  (Alabama?...Texas?  Oklahoma?!, I can't remember) that could have been better, BUT I always liked Rubes!

EDIT:  Okie St, 1974, 18th pick overall.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

36 minutes ago, Mcdermott said:

And, I forgot, a 14 game season.

Rueben had terrible hands.  Great athlete but he dropped a lot of balls. 

Edited by Bob in STL

Just now, boater said:

After signing Trubisky and setting aside draft pick salaries, I think Beane is limited in his options. $8.25 cap impact is a lot of dinero.

People keep saying versions of this, but a trade for Ertz will necessarily include a contract extension, and there are ways that Beane can structure it do that Ertz is affordable this year (signing bonus, backloaded deal, etc).

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, glazeduck said:

Nope, I like the signing. To be more clear, I think Fromm is, was and will always be doodoo

I don’t think so, not necessarily. He could be a great developmental prospect. What would you do if you could sign a talent like Trubisky for $2.5M? Trubisky could potentially yield future draft picks if this plays out a certain way.

9 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Completely different tune from you about Fromm compared to the night he was drafted.  What changed?  

Lol....not even sure what my take was on draft night?  Refresher?

edit: draft days are very emotional and I tend to blackout 🤣

Edited by NewEra

2 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Guys.. I hate to be that guy but to all those reporters thinking that Ertz following the Bills is some kind of cryptic message, he also follows the following teams too.

Screenshot_20210318-180209_Instagram.jpg

If I’m Beane, my offering price goes down by the hour...😉