Zach Ertz about to be traded? [Edit: or Not]

Rubes

56 minutes ago, Virgil said:

@YoloinOhio 

@Reed83HOF

Can you two make this happen already? I’m getting tired of refreshing the site 

I have been working on it...it's killing me too! 

We may have to throw @Gugny in to join the Eagles board, I'm holding out for now so you don't lose him

Also we had to sign off on the TV deal

Edited by Reed83HOF

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

No.  There isn't one.

The Bills have been losing at "Tight End Musical Chairs" for like three decades.

More than that. They took Ruben Gant in the first round at #18 in 1974, passing over Dave Casper, who went to the Raiders in the second round. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1974/draft.htm

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

More than that. They took Ruben Gant in the first round at #18 in 1974, passing over Dave Casper, who went to the Raiders in the second round. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1974/draft.htm

They haven't had a good one since Ernie Warlick in the mid 60s. Metzellars was decent. But we have never had a really good one.

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

They haven't had a good one since Ernie Warlick in the mid 60s. Metzellars was decent. But we have never had a really good one.

Ernie lived four houses away from me when I was growing up. I was friends with his son Chris, and my mom was quite close with Ernie's wife. His son Chris (who was incidentally adopted as a baby) has done very well for himself: https://med.umn.edu/bio/urology-faculty/christopher-warlick.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Ernie lived four houses away from me when I was growing up. I was friends with his son Chris, and my mom was quite close with Ernie's wife. His son Chris (who was incidentally adopted as a baby) has done very well for himself: https://med.umn.edu/bio/urology-faculty/christopher-warlick.

That’s cool. Good for him. 

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

My only issue with this is we only signed Trubisky to a 1 year deal and Beane himself said he doesn't see him here longer than that. We'd have Josh Allen and no one behind him next season. 

or they feel Fromm's not the bomb.....i'll show myself out.

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

My only issue with this is we only signed Trubisky to a 1 year deal and Beane himself said he doesn't see him here longer than that. We'd have Josh Allen and no one behind him next season. 

We have bigger problems if we're counting on Fromm to backup Allen next season, so it's really the same either way.

8 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

We could always sign someone else....

• Like (+1) 1

I bet the colts sneak in and steal him.  Reich and wentz get their man.  

Just now, glazeduck said:

Fixed.

Not sure if we’re in the same context.  I’m talking about about after next season, when Mitchs contract expires.  Not this year.  

do you think signing Mitch is doodoo?

I guess all the cap estimates for Philadelphia didn't include the Carson Wentz trade. 

So now the Eagles can play the waiting game, and hope one of the teams up their offer.

It's probably a smart play, because the TE cupboard is pretty bare on the free agent market.

And outside of Kyle Pitts (who is a Top 10 pick), this draft class isn't very good either.

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I bet the colts sneak in and steal him.  Reich and wentz get their man.  

Not sure if we’re in the same context.  I’m talking about about after next season, when Mitchs contract expires.  Not this year.  

do you think signing Mitch is doodoo?

Nope, I like the signing. To be more clear, I think Fromm is, was and will always be doodoo

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, glazeduck said:

Nope, I like the signing. To be more clear, I think Fromm is, was and will always be doodoo

Yeah, I agree, but I like Fromm.  I guess it because I watched his Netflix series when it came out and followed him at Georgia. 

he’s just very limited as an nfl qb

34 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Just aside and to let some know that he really was decent, in 93-94 over 32 games Big Pete caught 117 passes for 1,037 yards and 9 TDs.

I could be wrong, but I believe it is the most successful two years of receiving by a Bills' TE in their 60 plus year history.

I honestly could live with 59 receptions, for 518 yards and 5 tds from a single TE next year, let alone that as a position I believe they caught around 40 balls this year (albeit 8 TDs).

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Thank you (+1) 1