Zach Ertz about to be traded? [Edit: or Not]

Rubes

3 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Not for a second. 

The problem with Ertz is I want Beane to hold firm and not give up a third for him.  3rd round picks are too important now.   Need to develop the first three rounds of picks into at least rotational status for the length of their rookie contracts.  Our mid to long term success is dependent upon it.

We finally have a roster that we don’t have to depend on 5th rounders to do the job.  

Problem this year is, we have a handful of guys still out there as UFA and RFA.  If we truly are done on FA, gotta hit on a bunch of draft picks to replace.  Need a couple CB’s, DE, DT, backup QB to name a few.  Wold love to have the first 3 rounds as guys who can develop and not depend on.

Cant believe they’d be done signing FA’s.

9 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

There’s a Curtis Samuel in every draft class this year see Rondale Moore and he won’t cost 34 million dollars either if the Bills chose to go that route 

I agree that there have been a lot of good WR the past few drafts..........but there was a big drought at the position from 2015-2017........so I'm not going to assume that there will be plenty in "every draft class".

The problem with Rondale Moore is he has been injured for the past two years and basically only has a great freshman season in his portfolio.     

Curtis Samuel is a proven and durable young veteran NFL player.........the Bills are ready to win now............he is outstanding not only out of the backfield or slot(where he could succeed Beasley and bounce back and forth between the backfield to allow more versatility).........but he is also a provenexcellent deep ball receiver.

He has developed into an unusual player and he's not just elusive.........he's a legit 4.31 speed guy.

There aren't as many of those out there as you may think.

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

There's always fast guys available in FA and the draft every year. I'm not going to worry about that. Anyway, the Bills are playing for this year, not 2023, and they are in fact a SB-caliber team.  Sanders does more for them this year than Samuel--who they couldn't afford anyway--probably would, and also bear in mind that deep ball/bomb accuracy isn't really Allen's forte. His forte is the 35-air yard throw on a rope to a guy who burns his defender via great route running and gets a window. Diggs is probably the best receiver in the league at doing that, and Sanders is really good at it too. Sanders mirroring Diggs gives them great options, and with Beasley in the mix, they are going to be hard to defend--again.   

Samuel is not just fast dave..........he was one of the better downfield receivers in the NFL last year.    He's not just a juiced up Isaiah McKenzie.    He's a RB who converted to WR and is now an outstanding, versatile AND lightning fast WR.   I like Sanders but at some point Sanders is gonna' hit the wall.   34 is old for a WR.  I already think he's become less impactful than his stats indicate.   It would be a shame if it happens in a year when the Bills are considered one of the conference favorites.

15 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Not for a second. 

The problem with Ertz is I want Beane to hold firm and not give up a third for him.  3rd round picks are too important now.   Need to develop the first three rounds of picks into at least rotational status for the length of their rookie contracts.  Our mid to long term success is dependent upon it.

Price is good but a 2nd rounder is high.  I've been impressed with him everytime ive watch GB

3 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

We finally have a roster that we don’t have to depend on 5th rounders to do the job.  

Problem this year is, we have a handful of guys still out there as UFA and RFA.  If we truly are done on FA, gotta hit on a bunch of draft picks to replace.  Need a couple CB’s, DE, DT, backup QB to name a few.  Wold love to have the first 3 rounds as guys who can develop and not depend on.

Cant believe they’d be done signing FA’s.

I hope the Bills are not done in FA too.  In particular I'm hoping they get a TE.  As many have said it usually takes 2-3 years for a TE to grow into the job, so a rookie work.

Rudolph or Ertz would good to me.

9 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

There's always fast guys available in FA and the draft every year. I'm not going to worry about that. Anyway, the Bills are playing for this year, not 2023, and they are in fact a SB-caliber team.  Sanders does more for them this year than Samuel--who they couldn't afford anyway--

Just a comment that as we've seen from various contracts the Bills and others have inked....when there's a will to get 'er done and stay under the cap, there's a way.

I don't think Sanders vs Samuel was a cap decision.  I think that the Bills specifically wanted a guy with Sanders skillset.

I agree that his age makes him a risk.

7 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I hope the Bills are not done in FA too.  In particular I'm hoping they get a TE.  As many have said it usually takes 2-3 years for a TE to grow into the job, so a rookie work.

Rudolph or Ertz would good to me.

Need someone now with Lee and Kroft gone.  Not interested in drafting and waiting either.

Who is out there? Rudolph and Ertz?  Probably go with Ertz at the right price.  Would like to add some pass rush also.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I want Rudolph if we can't get Ertz.

Why do so many people want Rudolph? He's basically Scott Chandler

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Chargers just signed Jared Cook, maybe they are bailing 

Ian Rapaport on NFL Network just said the Chargers have rescinded their offer for Ertz and are now out. Which is why they signed Cook

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Samuel is not just fast dave..........he was one of the better downfield receivers in the NFL last year.    He's not just a juiced up Isaiah McKenzie.    He's a RB who converted to WR and is now an outstanding, versatile AND lightning fast WR.   I like Sanders but at some point Sanders is gonna' hit the wall.   34 is old for a WR.  I already think he's become less impactful than his stats indicate.   It would be a shame if it happens in a year when the Bills are considered one of the conference favorites.

1 year deal tells me they're going to continue to address the position long term.

• Like (+1) 1