Zach Ertz about to be traded? [Edit: or Not]

Rubes

Yeah Roseman is playing hardball. Like someone else said, I would predict the Chargers win in a bidding war given that they need to replace Hunter Henry who was pivotal to Herbert's success last season. 

My final offer would be our 5th round pick. If Philly turns that down, then go get Dan Arnold or draft someone like Brevin Jordan. 

3 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Yeah Roseman is playing hardball. Like someone else said, I would predict the Chargers win in a bidding war given that they need to replace Hunter Henry who was pivotal to Herbert's success last season. 

My final offer would be our 5th round pick. If Philly turns that down, then go get Dan Arnold or draft someone like Brevin Jordan. 

I would be surprised if Chargers offer more than a 5th they really need their picks with new HC

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I would be surprised if Chargers offer more than a 5th they really need their picks with new HC

It really wouldn’t surprise me if they want our 30 or an early 2nd. I believe they really do value him that much.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

I want Rudolph if we can't get Ertz.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Agree.   Too many good tight ends in the draft to spend much needed draft picks on a 31 year old tight end with his best football behind him.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Agree.   Too many good tight ends in the draft to spend much needed draft picks on a 31 year old tight end with his best football behind him.

Gronks best football is behind him.   What does that have to do with anything?  We could use Gronk or Zack- it would be a massive improvement, no matter "best football behind him"

7 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I'm not waiting 3 to 4 years for te to develop, when I need him now...

3 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I think you’re missing why they went after Sanders. He is one of the best route runners in the league, and the Daboll system is predicated on obtaining windows rather than jump balling it. He is a perfect fit. The Bills are a smart organization and Daboll is smart, and they’ve prioritized vet route running over raw talent. It only led to the second best offense in the league last season and Josh Allen leading the NFL in PFR’s AV stat (their version of WAR for football). I like Brown, but I think Sanders is a measurable upgrade given what the Bills do on offense. Samuel can do certain things well (ie, run), but he can’t do what Sanders does. And I mentioned elsewhere, Sanders is a winner: playing on teams that have collectively gone 110-66 and 8-5 in the postseason plus playing in 3 SBs (and in the one Denver won he was the leading receiver in the game). Also remember the bomb that Garappolo missed that could have won the SB for SF — how, in that situation, did Sanders get behind the D? Great route running.

I'm not missing it.    I know he's BEEN a great route runner.......I know that they probably looked at the KC tape and said John Brown was a detriment and that if they had another route runner like Diggs they might have been able to attack that look better.    I get it.   But I also think they lack speed on offense.........I KNOW it actually........ and they now have 2 starting WR who will be old for the position and free agents after the year.   Samuel is exceptional on the deep ball........can play slot when Beasley leaves and is actually a trained RB who can produce there too.   He was a great fit, IMO.  

It's a great draft for WR.......one of the top 3 for depth in the past 20 years with as many as 20 WR with first 3 round grades........I hope they select no less than 2 and bring in a high upside guy in UDFA who might be able to be a gunner or KR too.    We shouldn't take it for granted.......the 2014 draft was flush with WR talent....the Bills took one then focused on needs......and ended up short handed at WR soon after and couldn't do much about it in the drafted because the pipeline dried up for a long time until ramping up recently.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

There is 1 good TE in this draft and then a pretty good one, the rest are not anything to depend on. That said, Ertz is not worth anything above a 4th and we don't have one, so it should be 5th or nothing. 

Edited by ndirish1978

24 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

This, in conjunction with Beane holding a presser at 2, which is believed to signify the end of our spending - leads me to believe we're out 😢

I would be very surprised if the Bills are finished with FA.  But they may have a few "middle class" or lower-end guys they are talking to.

Maybe instead of "surprised" I should say "disappointed". 

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Gronks best football is behind him.   What does that have to do with anything?  We could use Gronk or Zack- it would be a massive improvement, no matter "best football behind him"

Lets be fair, Gronk's best football was a lot better than Ertz's best football.      Could we use them, yes, I agree.  What I dont want to do is give up money and picks in either case. 

6 minutes ago, Unsavory Peterman said:

Big bob Tonyan anyone?

Not for a second. 

The problem with Ertz is I want Beane to hold firm and not give up a third for him.  3rd round picks are too important now.   Need to develop the first three rounds of picks into at least rotational status for the length of their rookie contracts.  Our mid to long term success is dependent upon it.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Who has the leverage?  Do the Eagles need to get rid of Ertz more than we need him?

The Eagles appear to have managed their salary cap by "kicking the can down the road" ie asking veterans to convert salary to signing bonus.  Spotrac doesn't show it yet, but they asked Brandon Graham to renegotiate and supposedly he did, to get them "under" the cap (Spotrac shows them at $4.8M over)

They have Alshon Jeffery and Malik Jackson designated as post-June1 cuts which I guess will allow them to sign rookies (?) or at least to spread out their cap hits.

I think Brandon Beane doesn't see Ertz as a "must have" player for us.

I'm not sure the Eagles see him as a player they need to cut to get under the cap. They probably have a couple more guys they could rework to get more cap room.

14 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Not for a second. 

The problem with Ertz is I want Beane to hold firm and not give up a third for him.  3rd round picks are too important now.   Need to develop the first three rounds of picks into at least rotational status for the length of their rookie contracts.  Our mid to long term success is dependent upon it.

This.  If the Eagles are "we want a 3rd round pick" I think Beane should say "I want a Pony" and move on.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I'm not missing it.    I know he's BEEN a great route runner.......I know that they probably looked at the KC tape and said John Brown was a detriment and that if they had another route runner like Diggs they might have been able to attack that look better.    I get it.   But I also think they lack speed on offense.........I KNOW it actually........ and they now have 2 starting WR who will be old for the position and free agents after the year.   Samuel is exceptional on the deep ball........can play slot when Beasley leaves and is actually a trained RB who can produce there too.   He was a great fit, IMO.  

It's a great draft for WR.......one of the top 3 for depth in the past 20 years with as many as 20 WR with first 3 round grades........I hope they select no less than 2 and bring in a high upside guy in UDFA who might be able to be a gunner or KR too.    We shouldn't take it for granted.......the 2014 draft was flush with WR talent....the Bills took one then focused on needs......and ended up short handed at WR soon after and couldn't do much about it in the drafted because the pipeline dried up for a long time until ramping up recently.

There's always fast guys available in FA and the draft every year. I'm not going to worry about that. Anyway, the Bills are playing for this year, not 2023, and they are in fact a SB-caliber team.  Sanders does more for them this year than Samuel--who they couldn't afford anyway--probably would, and also bear in mind that deep ball/bomb accuracy isn't really Allen's forte. His forte is the 35-air yard throw on a rope to a guy who burns his defender via great route running and gets a window. Diggs is probably the best receiver in the league at doing that, and Sanders is really good at it too. Sanders mirroring Diggs gives them great options, and with Beasley in the mix, they are going to be hard to defend--again.   

• Like (+1) 2