Zach Ertz about to be traded? [Edit: or Not]

Rubes

Not to mention, if we acquire Zack- one hole filled.  And you said you wanted CB.  Well draft one with our first.  Two holes filled

Just now, TBBills said:

So you would rather have him who might never contribute instead of a top TE in the league? 

It didn’t make any sense to me either 

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t know how long you’ve been a Bills fan kid.  But I’m 51.  In all my years - the only 2 decent TEs in history are McKeller and Metzalaars- and the rest is pretty much garbage.  Why resist having a quality TE?  Didn’t you see what Kelce did to us?

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Brevin Jordan. 

Jordan looks decent - we’d have to use our 2nd round pick on him. BUT to put things in perspective to all the Ertz haters, 2 years ago Ertz put up stats that equated to Jordan’s ENTIRE college career. Ertz is also 2” taller than Jordan and would not cost a 2nd round draft pick 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Jordan looks decent - we’d have to use our 2nd round pick on him. BUT to put things in perspective to all the Ertz haters, 2 years ago Ertz put up stats that equated to Jordan’s ENTIRE college career. Ertz is also 2” taller than Jordan and would not cost a 2nd round draft pick 

Jordan has had a trash QB. I’d rather draft him that sink money into Ertz. 

• Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Jordan has had a trash QB. I’d rather draft him that sink money into Ertz. 

Ertz has done more with less and is proven top TE in the league. Yet it's the guy who isn't even in the NFL yet who gets a pass on his QB.

24 minutes ago, Locomark said:

If we drop $15 mil on an old TE instead of on a premium pass rusher I will lose my $h&t because we can already pass but we can’t rush the friggin passer !!! 

I don’t think they will add another pass rusher.  Beane seems content with what they have on the roster 

22 minutes ago, Locomark said:

If we drop $15 mil on an old TE instead of on a premium pass rusher I will lose my $h&t because we can already pass but we can’t rush the friggin passer !!! 

Where in the world are you getting $15m from? He has one year left on his contract for $8.5m. Restructure Trey and Dawkins, get me Ertz, Sherman and an edge rusher then draft the BPA at 30

49 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I agree. Only get Ertz if he's on the cheap. I can see a team overpaying for him but not Beanie and the Bills. Maybe he will take a discount to come to the Bills. That sounds weird saying it. Oh it felt so good though...

28 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I don’t think they will add another pass rusher.  Beane seems content with what they have on the roster 

I don't think so. It's obvious we lacked a pass rush. Epanesa and Oliver might step it up a notch. I think Bills in a win now mode will add another pass rusher via free agency or the draft. 

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

So you would rather have him who might never contribute instead of a top TE in the league? 

I’d rather have brevin jordan.  I’m a big fan of the kid.  We could then spend 8M+ on a different position. 

and I like ertz....I just hope we add someone at the TE position that allows us to be dangerous in 2TE sets

12 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Not sure he’s available for trade but I’d love Evan Engram. He’s like the Giants fans whipping boy but he’s a dynamic TE. 

He’s a nice talent but talk about brittle bones mcgee. He’s been hurt every season.  Last year was his healthiest year.  Being that his contract is up after next season and will want to get paid, he falls a little further down my list.  

don’t get me wrong, he’d help.  I’d just rather go in a different direction.  If we could trade out 6th rd pick for him and let him go after this season, I’d be all for it.  I shut wouldn’t want to give up a pick above rd 5 for him because I don’t think I’d want to give guaranteed money to brittle bones mcgee

2 hours ago, Pete said:

I don’t know how long you’ve been a Bills fan kid.  But I’m 51.  In all my years - the only 2 decent TEs in history are McKeller and Metzalaars- and the rest is pretty much garbage.  Why resist having a quality TE?  Didn’t you see what Kelce did to us?

I'm 68 kid.  You obviously don't remember Paul Costa.  He was awesome!  Your "history" started in the late 70's at best.  There was a significant amount of Biils history before you were potty trained. 

Edited by longtimebillsfan

10 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I'm 68 kid.  You obviously don't remember Paul Costa.  He was awesome!

Truthfully, he was a better tackle towards the end. He was a decent TE though. Ernie Warlick was good in the days before TE evolved into the downfield passing game it is today.

• Like (+1) 1