Zach Ertz about to be traded? [Edit: or Not]

Rubes

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Eartz liked this. The dream is dead boys. Eartz to the Texans confirmed. 

☹️

Considering Ertz and Grugier-Hill are good friends and former eagles....dream is still alive boys!

March 16th....Beanes favorite trade day....Diggs in 2020, night is still young

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

For the last couple of years? Really? Last year he was but not any year previously.

2019 88 catches for 916 yards

2018 116 catches for 1163 yards

if 2018 or 2019 were banged up years, I‘lol take it 

2019 he had cracked ribs, injured rib cartilage and a lacerated kidney at the end of the season. Missed some games, played in the playoff game but was not effective in that game.  Had a hamstring issue before that in 2019. Concussion and hamstring in 2017, rib injury 2016, concussion 2015, groin tear 2015.

He didn't miss a lot of time for most of that until this past year, but having watched the majority of his games he has taken a ton of abuse, isn't the biggest TE ever made and is now 30.  He was off last year before the ankle injury. He's not a guy I want on a deal of any length. 

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Eyeroll 1

18 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

So how would Ertz fit with Josh?

Elite TE in this offense should get Allen to 4500 plus yards passing.

He will open things up more for Diggs and Beasley.

He takes pressure off of Knox---he will make Knox better.  

This will be a big deal.  He's still a top 5 TE in this league maybe top 3 still. 

Kelce

Kittle 

Waller 

Ertz

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

This will be a big deal.  He's still a top 5 TE in this league maybe top 3 still. 

Kelce

Kittle 

Waller 

Ertz

a lineup like this of rotating weapons would be scary for every defense in the league:

QB - Josh Allen

RB - Travis Etienne (Draft)

TE - Zach Ertz

TE - Dawson Knox 

WR - Stephon Diggs

WR - Cole Beasley

WR - Emanuel Sanders

WR - Gabriel Davis

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, wppete said:

a lineup like this of rotating weapons would be scary for every defense in the league:

QB - Josh Allen

RB - Travis Etienne (Draft)

TE - Zach Ertz

TE - Dawson Knox 

WR - Stephon Diggs

WR - Cole Beasley

WR - Emanuel Sanders

WR - Gabriel Davis

The Wire Reaction GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

He had that this season. Ertz should get him to 5k.

Yea I wanted to say 5000 I was just being practical; 5000 is not supposed to happen if you have a top 5-10 defense and you run for more then 1200 yards with all your RBs combined.

38 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Kelce

Kittle 

Waller 

Ertz

I’m sorry, but Jonnu Smith and Hunter Henry are the best TE’s in the NFL. I read it right here on TBD. 

2 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I’m sorry, but Jonnu Smith and Hunter Henry are the best TE’s in the NFL. I read it right here on TBD. 

Hey Jonnu Smith does have 1300 yards receiving.......in his 4 year career.  

By the time Ertz finished his 3rd season at age 25 he was already at 2000 yards.  

The Titans were just suppressing greatness I guess.  

Hunter Henty has never played more then 14 games.  Only twice.  

Last year before he went on IR in October:

1. 3 catches 18 yards

2. 5 catches 42 yards

3. 7 catches 70 yards in a game that played a full OT and the game that Dallas Goedert also got hurt.

4. 4 catches 9 yards 

5. 1 catch 6 yards

6. 4 catches 33 yards

He also wasn't the #1 TE to start the season. Dallas Goedert was.

Yeah but the offense stunk, and Wentz is terrible and Pederson is an idiot, and they had nobody else to throw the ball to. 

Here's what journeyman TE Richard Rodgers did in the same putrid offense with Ertz out.

7. 6 for 85

8. 0 for 0

9. 4 for 60

10. 2 for 48

11. 3 for 53

Zach Ertz was an elite tight end. He is not an elite TE anymore.  He's better than what we currently have on the team but if you expect to see the Ertz that gained 900 yards on 135 targets in 2019 or the Ertz that gained 1,100 yards on 156 targets in 2018 you're going to be disappointed.  First off, he's not going to see anywhere near that number of targets.  Diggs had 166 last year, Beasley had 109, Davis was 3rd most with 62.  Lets assume that Davis got some targets that would have been Brown's as the 3rd WR and let's make Ertz the 3rd most targeted player on the team with something like 80 targets. His career catch percentage is 67%.  His last 3 years have been 74.4%, 65.3% and 50%, respectively, which makes his 3 year average 63.2% That gives him 51 catches. Ertz' career average is 10.8 yards per catch. He has been under that average each of the last three years (10.0, 10.4, 9.3). His most recent 3 year average is 9.9 yards a catch.  51 catches at his career average of 10.8 ypc is 551 yards.  51 catches at his most recent 3 year average of 9.9 ypc is 505 yards.  So barring a massive share of Diggs or Beasley's targets going to Ertz you are looking at somewhere between 500 and 550 yards receiving. 

Yeah but Wentz stunk and Hurts doesn't throw well so he must've gotten a lot of bad balls to see his catch percentage drop so much. 

Goedert was 70.8% last year.  Rodgers was 77.4%

Ertz is and always has been a compiler. He's not a game breaking player like Kelce or Kittle or Waller.  He just isn't. Now you are going to have the compiler at age 30+. How much is that worth in terms of compensation for the Eagles and money for Ertz? 

Ertz isn't a top 5 TE in the league anymore. He's not even the best TE on the Eagles.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1