Zach Ertz about to be traded? [Edit: or Not]

Rubes

Last year was a lost year due to injuries and the team. Previous 3 years he had 800+ yards each year and 3 pro bowls. At 4 million less than the two TEs NE signed, who average about 500 yds per season and no TDs, I’ll take my chances on an Ertz Bounceback

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Billl said:

72 targets, 36 catches, 1 TD, 5 drops, and 4.7 yards per target.  There are “down years” and there are “worst pass catcher in the league” years.  He’s over 30 and is the 7th highest paid TE.  

You want to give up a draft pick for the right to pay him?

How old is Kelce?

• Eyeroll 1

19 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Zach Ertz 2021 is Tony Gonzalez in his prime?  Are we on planet Illusionon?

I didn't say that was the case. Wow...did you miss the point I was trying to make

Edited by Buffalo03

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

How old is Kelce?

31 and coming off the best season in history for a TE.  If Ertz was coming off a career year, his age wouldn’t be a concern.  Tom Brady is 43, so you thinking Tyrod’s going to hit his prime in 5 years?

Anyone who watches Eagles games have any insight on this guy? All I remember is one year he is a top 3 TE in the league and the next he isn’t even close. Can he still play at a high level? A consequence of poor QB play with the Eagles last season? 

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

still assuming...

If it’s a big enough splash to convert someone, has to be more than Ertz and Emmanuel Sanders, right? 

1 minute ago, Billl said:

31 and coming off the best season in history for a TE.  If Ertz was coming off a career year, his age wouldn’t be a concern.  Tom Brady is 43, so you thinking Tyrod’s going to hit his prime in 5 years?

But he wasn’t because he got hurt and had the worst qb in the league throwing the ball to him.  Ertz has been nothing but consistent the previous 4 years.  One injury and a QB with the yips and his career is over?  

You’re entitled to your opinion, but I’ll be shocked if ertz sucks now.

regarding your Brady-tyrod comment..... Your conjecture is completely off base and irrelevant.  And you know this.......man

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Billl said:

72 targets, 36 catches, 1 TD, 5 drops, and 4.7 yards per target.  There are “down years” and there are “worst pass catcher in the league” years.  He’s over 30 and is the 7th highest paid TE.  

You want to give up a draft pick for the right to pay him?

This has beane Trade and restructure written all over it.  

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

But he wasn’t because he got hurt and had the worst qb in the league throwing the ball to him.  Ertz has been nothing but consistent the previous 4 years.  One injury and a QB with the yips and his career is over?  

You’re entitled to your opinion, but I’ll be shocked if ertz sucks now.

regarding your Brady-tyrod comment..... Your conjecture is completely off base and irrelevant.  And you know this.......man

I don’t think he’s trash by any means, but I sure as hell wouldn’t give up picks for the privilege of paying him $8.5 million.  It’s entirely possible that he has a bounce back season, but counting on guys over 30 to do that is a big gamble.  

That said, Josh with a weapon at TE would be dangerous.