Prince Hairy and Magan Markel

Irv

The only thing I find interesting about it is how much popularity the monarchy has maintained in the US.

This is the family we fought a revolution against, right? 

And I think they loved the idea of Meghan Markle as an influence in the US market, but it sounds like some people within the "organization" couldn't get over their prejudices. It bit them in the ass, but in their case any publicity is good publicity. Win-win.

On 3/8/2021 at 8:48 AM, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

It's hard to feel sorry for people who accepted $7,000,000 in order to give an interview.

The 7 million wasn't for the couple.

It was what CBS paid Oprah's company for the rights to broadcast it.

1 hour ago, stuvian said:

I care nothing for these entitled woke whiners. Spare me your tales of woe about your 7 million dollar TV special and California mansion. I'm sure being a royal has draw backs but there is no more privileged group on earth.

Old white dudes in America? 

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Eyeroll 2

You mean Prince ‘Hairy’ like he’s got hairy legs???  Like Joe Biden’s????

No, i don’r give a rat’s ass about Poor Little Rich Kid.

Sometimes rich people are just stupid!

(A far less ridiculous concept, but ridiculous none the less, is Pretty Boy John Mayer, with a safe deposit box full of $100K watches, sing B.B. King’s classic ‘Every Day I Have The Blues’)

Really???  Why???

Whoa Irish Times, Don't Hold Back - Tell Us What You Really Think

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/harry-and-meghan-the-union-of-two-great-houses-the-windsors-and-the-celebrities-is-complete-1.4504502?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1EMQqu3WvqnYRqFk_GyoYkKqCN212GruhVFiQhd-4GMsGr6F20ztKbVmc

Having a monarchy next door is a little like having a neighbour who’s really into clowns and has daubed their house with clown murals, displays clown dolls in each window and has an insatiable desire to hear about and discuss clown-related news stories. More specifically, for the Irish, it’s like having a neighbour who’s really into clowns and, also, your grandfather was murdered by a clown.

The contemporary royals have no real power. They serve entirely to enshrine classism in the British nonconstitution. They live in high luxury and low autonomy, cosplaying as their ancestors, and are the subject of constant psychosocial projection from people mourning the loss of empire. They’re basically a Rorschach test that the tabloids hold up in order to gauge what level of hysterical batshittery their readers are capable of at any moment in time.

Harry and Meghan are ultimately going to win. Despite the tabloid frenzy, this was never the story of an ungrateful pauper being elevated by the monarchy. This was about the potential union of two great houses, the Windsors and Californian Celebrity. Only one of those things has a future, and it’s the one with the Netflix deal.

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

My wife cares, I’m not sure why. 

It was 36 years ago last month she got married with a Princess Di style bonnet. I guess it was that or the puffy shoulders. The times. They are a changin’.   Always changin’........

It’s both sad and sick that they need to worry so much about security. 

And then there's this:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/feb/16/harry-meghan-media-critics-worse

Like a lot of middle-aged newspapermen, the only reason I lose my mind over anything Meghan does is because I care – truly care – about the dignity of the royal family. There is something deeply sacred and pure about the throne of Olde England, which will in due course be inherited by a man who fantasized about being reincarnated as a tampon. The newspapermen know the thing about the tampon because the man’s phone calls were hacked, and then they published them. So yes, if it falls to Fleet Street’s noblemen to defend the honour of the crown against a Californian wellness bore, then so be it.

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Whoa Irish Times, Don't Hold Back - Tell Us What You Really Think

They're not wrong. It's such an outdated idea to have a monarch, and for the most part, they're just a posh version of the Penguins of Madagascar. "Smile and wave, boys. Smile and wave".

Support for abolishing the monarchy is growing. There's always been a solid base of support for the movement, this episode is just making sure that people that didn't particularly care now have a strong opinion. The tide definitely started to turn when they started hiding Andrew from questioning in regards to his relationship with Epstein.

I'd like to believe that in my lifetime (I'm 32), we'll see an end to the royal family.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

They're not wrong. It's such an outdated idea to have a monarch, and for the most part, they're just a posh version of the Penguins of Madagascar. "Smile and wave, boys. Smile and wave".

Support for abolishing the monarchy is growing. There's always been a solid base of support for the movement, this episode is just making sure that people that didn't particularly care now have a strong opinion. The tide definitely started to turn when they started hiding Andrew from questioning in regards to his relationship with Epstein.

I'd like to believe that in my lifetime (I'm 32), we'll see an end to the royal family.

I am four years older than you.... I'd love to believe that it is coming to an end. There should be no succession to Lizzie 2.... but after a decade of King Charles I suspect there will be almost no support for the whole damn show to continue. Then we can take ownership of that ugly building at the end of the Mall and turn it into a giant Tesco with a Weatherspoons and massive beer garden out the back. 

25 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

........turn it into a giant Tesco with a Weatherspoons and massive beer garden out the back. 

I always preferred Sainsbury's to Tesco.

I got stuck there for ten days during that Icelandic volcano airspace shutdown.

Figured I should get a job stocking shelves at the South Kensington Sainsbury's to pass the time.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I always preferred Sainsbury's to Tesco.

I got stuck there for ten days during that Icelandic volcano airspace shutdown.

Figured I should get a job stocking shelves at the South Kensington Sainsbury's to pass the time.

Yea but the people who support the Royals shop in Sainsbury's..... they'd treat it as a shrine...

19 hours ago, stuvian said:

I care nothing for these entitled woke whiners. Spare me your tales of woe about your 7 million dollar TV special and California mansion. I'm sure being a royal has draw backs but there is no more privileged group on earth.

How are they "woke"?

On 3/9/2021 at 10:35 AM, K-9 said:

I care a lot about letting people know how much I don’t care.

I care so much about not caring that I'm not going to post in this thread.

... oh crap.......

Edited by Just Jack
  • Haha (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.