BR worst free agent signing of 2020

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2934083-ranking-the-10-worst-contracts-given-in-nfl-free-agency-last-year

They actually list Mario Addison as worst which I think is dumb but I will admit we overpaid for him by a large amount, apparently 14 million for that one year of average DE play. The good news is we can cut him and get some salary cap room but I see the other contracts and am glad we did not get Beasley or Hooper 

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2934083-ranking-the-10-worst-contracts-given-in-nfl-free-agency-last-year

They actually list Mario Addison as worst which I think is dumb but I will admit we overpaid for him by a large amount, apparently 14 million for that one year of average DE play. The good news is we can cut him and get some salary cap room but I see the other contracts and am glad we did not get Beasley or Hooper 

That's ridiculous to list him first.  First of all, the Bills can part ways with him this year for a $4M cap hit.  Second they disagree with Overthecap on the guarantees, with B/R saying $15.25 ("more than half") of the contract guaranteed while OTC basically says we're free of guaranteed money after what was paid out last year, $13.25M ($4M signing bonus still on the books).

Second, while he didn't contribute as the Bills had hoped, he did play in 15 games + 3 playoffs and contribute 6 sacks, 9 QB hits, 4 passes defensed, a forced fumble, and 40 tackles.

That's actually better production than Beasley, Fowler, Clowney etc.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's ridiculous to list him first.  First of all, the Bills can part ways with him this year for a $4M cap hit.  Second they disagree with Overthecap on the guarantees, with B/R saying $15.25 ("more than half") of the contract guaranteed while OTC basically says we're free of guaranteed money after what was paid out last year, $13.25M ($4M signing bonus still on the books).

Second, while he didn't contribute as the Bills had hoped, he did play in 15 games + 3 playoffs and contribute 6 sacks, 9 QB hits, 4 passes defensed, a forced fumble, and 40 tackles.

Still, not a good signing for Beane.  Hope he treats it as sunk cost and releases/restructures.

Kinda silly. Basically every edge and defensive line player busted from free agency last offseason. Lawson and Phillips included. 
Addison at least had some production vs all the guys who had almost none or ended up hurt non stop. 

• Like (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Beasley getting cut mid season would make him higher on my list.

• Like (+1) 3

All lists are subjective. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

This is so wrong on top of wrong, I don't even know where to start.  I think HBF said it the best.

• Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You tell ‘em Hap!!!

🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

Guy will be 34 next year. There was no need to sign him to a deal like they did. 

Yup-obsession with ex Panthers stings on this one.  A fine player to add for much cheaper- doubt any other team in the NFL would have offered a contract like this

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Thanks. Despite watching every game, those are better numbers than I would have guessed. Facts can matter. 

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Completely agree, I think it was more for the surprise factor to not put clowney or hooper first as probably most people thought they would be.

I hated the Addison signing basically from day 1. Watching him with Carolina in 2019 I saw a clearly declining player and that same player was on the field in Buffalo in 2020. But the worst free agent signing in the whole NFL? I struggle to see it as that. One of Beane's worst moves as Bills GM I could get on board with. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1