NFL free agency rumors: Bills’ Dion Dawkins recruiting Richie Incognito

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

You can definitely say never on this one lol. I would bet money that Richie never sets foot back in Buffalo again and that Beane would have zero interest in bringing him back

Hmmm....what kind of odds will you give me?

My first reaction was ... no way.

But the more I think about it the more I wonder. If and only if he's willing to come quite cheap to protect against another mental breakdown, I can see it.

He's the kind of guy they're looking for in terms of playing style, a power guy. From what little I heard he's still playing well. If I'm wrong about that, let me know. But I can imagine it.

I'd guess the odds are against it, but who knows.

1 hour ago, john wawrow said:

Nope. He still wouldn't be allowed on team property. That bridge wasn't just burned, it was exploded, and all signs of it decimated in the blast.

Ah! Well, fair enough then.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Dislike 1

He is so old. And it ended here kind of badly with him going off the rails.

So I highly doubt it will happen, nor would I want it to. But I wish him the best.

6 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

He was a really good player for the Bills.  He probably would still be here if he wasnt mentally weak.  37 and coming off of injuries.  Its over johnny.

He is mentally ill, not necessarily mentally weak. It’s not a free pass for being a POS, nor do I really want him here. But this is an important distinction to make. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Mango said:

He is mentally ill, not necessarily mentally weak. It’s not a free pass for being a POS, nor do I really want him here. But this is an important distinction to make. 

I think thats fair.    Probably not the smartest comment to call a 15 year professional athlete mentally weak given what they put their bodies through 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Paul Costa said:

wasn’t he throwing weights at people in a gym in Florida because he thought they were undercover spies? 

7 hours ago, OZBILLS said:

And trying to cut the head off his dead father at his funeral!

7 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

And then threatened that he had guns in his car and wanted to shoot up the funeral home and everyone in it

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 2

20 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Richie has narrowed it down to 4 teams....

Pittsburgh

Cleveland

Green Bay

Buffalo

Cleveland has to be BS.  The Browns have two top 10 guards in Bitonio and Teller so they don’t need him.  Also he’s a terrible fit in their zone scheme so they wouldn’t even want him for depth. 

This is a non-event. Dawkins is showing support for someone who was good to him when he was a young player. You don't bring in extra security to the team facilities unless you have legitimate reason to be afraid for the safety of those in the building. The Incognito bridge is fully burnt, even the players on the team have shown wariness of him publicly, though admittedly in jest. Watch the PMT interview with Josh and Tre and Tre's comment about Big Cat mispronouncing Incognito's name "you better get his name right before he throws a weight at your @ss."