Ryan Fitzpatrick leaning toward retirement

20 hours ago, boco357 said:

Been saying for years he is going to be awesome in the broadcast booth as color guy.  

I really hope so! Makes sense, has there been any talk of it from him? I'm gunna be bummed if he doesn't after you put this in my head lol

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Forget Fitzpatrick, I thought John Clayton retired 10 years ago? He's still relevant? 

He reminds me if the crypt keeper from that old hbo series.  I don’t mind him on his little spots on espn, but when he subbed in on MTC with Kirwan.  It was like Captain Quint with the fingernails scratching.  No offense to you Quint on this board.

21 hours ago, Doc said:

What's the point though?  He's never taking you to the playoffs and likely taking you to a middling record where you're out of range for a top QB prospect.  He also not drawing WRs or TEs to Cheaterland.  And isn't going to be playing much longer.

Seems like the same question could have been asked regarding the last two teams Fitz signed with. But those deals still happened. New England is not exactly holding much leverage in the ability to bring in the best QB's these days. They will likely go with a rookie but unless they surrender a lot of draft capital to move into the top 10 or top 5 they are probably looking at a guy that may not be ready to start and that will be surrounded by a poor offensive supporting cast. 

On 3/6/2021 at 8:07 PM, Gugny said:

Based upon what would he make a great coach?

He could teach QBs how to throw an I'll advised interception at the worst possible time.......

I keed, I keed. I love the Harvard Beard.

• Haha (+1) 2

Given the cities he has played in, the coaches and offensive systems to which he has been exposed, the general good will he has throughout the league and with the NFL media, his sense of humor, strong personality, well developed communication skills and Tony Romo making $17+ million annually, Fitz should really consider seeking a color analyst role.  I think he'd kill it.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1