Ryan Fitzpatrick leaning toward retirement

9 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

He’ll be 39 next season. This really shouldn’t come off as a surprise to anyone 

I thought maybe he’d play 1 more year before calling it quits. I’m sure he doesn’t want to have to move again, I’d like to see him back here on the coaching staff though 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I thought maybe he’d play 1 more year before calling it quits. I’m sure he doesn’t want to have to move again, I’d like to see him back here on the coaching staff though 

If he’s the QB COACH, does that mean the starter still gets hurt???

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 12

Gotta love Fitz and wish him well in his future pursuits. He received perhaps the greatest compliment I’ve heard from one player to another when Jordan Palmer described competing against him for the backup position in Cincinnati. Palmer said competing against Fitz was so tough and he hated it so much because Fitz was just such a nice guy.

I suspect every teammate on every team Fitz has been on, and there have been numerous of both, would agree. 

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 2

I wish Fitz the best in whatever he decides to do.  Having said that, I hope he does move on from the Phins.  They don't win half as many games last year without him under center.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

He’ll be 39 next season. This really shouldn’t come off as a surprise to anyone 

He’s been playing pretty well though and recently he said he wants a place where he can compete for a starting job.

I thought he would be back in the league and maybe be a bridge guy for a team like Jacksonville, or whoever drafts a QB in the 1st round

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/ryan_fitzpatrick_reportedly_leaning_toward_retirement/s1_127_34278275?fbclid=IwAR11TQCyVEIzKu77cYW8dMHmgpXfJvjudkDg-MqyOsqjPqNYt1yLUH6Tuek if this is true then I wish him a happy retirement, I think he would make a great coach and I would hope he retires a Buffalo Bill

Based upon what would he make a great coach?

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

That benching must’ve really taken its toll.  

59 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Miami really screwed him over, like I said hopefully Buffalo has him sign a retirement contract with us

Shouldn't he be used to that by now? His entire career has been in and out of starter jobs.

3 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I think it would be the OC. Watch out, Daboll!

I suppose he can stick that little needle in any little NFL doll he wants!  Eat your broccoli, coach Daboll.

I’m sure he could be a GREAT Wonderlic tutor! 

Just now, Gugny said:

Based upon what would he make a great coach?

I'm not sure if he would make a good coach or not. But he is a good leader, he is smart, and he has played in a lot of offensive systems and with a lot of different kinds of players.

And he has been beloved by teammates everywhere he has played.

Being a good coach requires a lot more than that, but it's a good start. First and foremost, however, he needs to have the drive and passion required to work very long hours and constantly be evaluating to stay ahead of the competition. It seems like a mentally exhausting job.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

I'm not sure if he would make a good coach or not. But he is a good leader, he is smart, and he has played in a lot of offensive systems and with a lot of different kinds of players.

And he has been beloved by teammates everywhere he has played.

Being a good coach requires a lot more than that, but it's a good start. First and foremost, however, he needs to have the drive and passion required to work very long hours and constantly be evaluating to stay ahead of the competition. It seems like a mentally exhausting job.

My question was more rhetorical/tongue in cheek.  Every time a quality football player retires, people say, "he'd be a great coach!"  It's just funny to me ... for the reasons you've stated and many more.

It's like saying every high school valedictorian would make a great teacher.  Makee no sensee.

• Like (+1) 1