The one free agent i want us to get: Okwara

19 hours ago, offyourocker said:

After reading some articles I felt Hendrickson should be our target.  I then reviewed his sacks from last season and none of them were impressive.  Either cover sacks our just lucky to be at right place at right time.  Just reviewed Okwara sacks and everyone of them he beat his guy. 10 sacks last season

Give me Gabe Jackson and solidify Joshs protection first  

Well, the Lions have been drafting high for a number of years and their first pick has been in the goodie locker ~15 and the second round pick has been HIGH in the top 50 (which is about the limit where you have a high expectation that the pick is a NFK player).    The quality of the players may not be the problem in Detroit.  "Discards" from there may have a lot of potential that they wasted.  Just an idea.

1 minute ago, GreggTX said:

Trade for Von Miller. We need a serious edge rusher opposite Hughes. Edge rusher is such a key position and we keep bringing in guys like Addison and Trent Murphy. Let's get it right this time.

No need to trade. Miller will either restructure his contract or be released.

Just need to find $15M-17M a year to sign him.

On 3/5/2021 at 11:00 PM, Southern_Bills said:

Carl Lawson should be the goal. May not happen but I would have to be told no.

He and Barrett are likely getting tagged sometime in the next 3 hours.  It usually goes that way with players like them.  

9 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

He and Barrett are likely getting tagged sometime in the next 3 hours.  It usually goes that way with players like them.  

Barrett is already officially not being tagged, though I'm sure Tampa is hoping to sign him before he hits the open market.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Possibly, DE franchise tender is 17.xxM and they have 12.6M available. 

Not saying they won't but they will be completely dead in FA if they make that move.

Not sure they are in a situation to go "all in" on one player. 

If he's available I'd definitely try though.

I think this would be another Addison like signing. We need somebody like Barrett, Lawson, Ngakoue, or Miller (if he becomes available). Someone who will step in and be an unquestioned immediate upgrade. Okwara *could* be that guy. But I don't think he's getting the locker room, the fans, or the media all that inspired - if that's the move. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19

• offyourocker changed the title to The one free agent i want us to get: Okwara