Biden's follies

You can say that this is “only” symbolic, that we haven’t really been humiliated by a bunch of primitive terrorists. But symbols can be powerful, and this one is especially galling because it capitalizes on the fact that the Biden administration couldn’t even be bothered to bring our war-fighting materiel with us–not just uniforms, but airplanes, helicopters, guns, ammunition, night-vision goggles, and so on–when we bugged out of Afghanistan. To the victor goes the spoils, but the spoils didn’t have to include millions or billions of dollars in military equipment.

Then we have the inflation in military honors. Increasingly, it seems that the fewer battles military commanders have won, the more medals adorn their chests. A friend sent this graphic, contrasting the medals worn by Dwight Eisenhower, victor of the Second World War and organizer of the Normandy invasion, still the greatest logistical feat in world history, with those that adorn David Pretaeus, architect of our Afghanistan strategy:

image.png?w=560&ssl=1

To be fair, if you do an image search you can find a photo or two of Eisenhower wearing a few more medals, although still nothing remotely like the modern standard, as exemplified not only by David Petraeus, who I think had considerable merit, but also by Mark Milley, current Chairman of the Joint Chiefs who was in charge of the Afghanistan fiasco. Milley, in my view, should resign forthwith:

Screen-Shot-2021-08-21-at-8.30.00-PM.png

Has Milley ever been a successful commander? Ever won a battle? I don’t know, but I will say with confidence that he is no Dwight Eisenhower, and certainly no Ulysses Grant. Inflation of military honors is symbolic and some may consider it unimportant, but I think it is part of the general deterioration of standards that we see everywhere in our country.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/08/just-because-its-symbolic-doesnt-mean-it-isnt-important.php

Wow 

More and more people figuring out China runs the show:

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that only 39% of Likely U.S. Voters believe Xiden is really doing the job of president – that’s down from 47% in March. A majority of voter (51%) now say others are making decisions for Biden behind the scenes. Another 10% are not sure. 

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/biden_administration/who_s_in_charge_most_voters_don_t_think_it_s_biden

Biden Administration Sent Out Thousands of ‘Bogus’ Visas to Americans in Afghanistan.

David Fox, who runs a marketing company in Kabul, said he received an email from the U.S. Embassy’s consular services department that included the document, meant to help U.S. citizens and Afghan citizens eligible for Special Immigrant Visas (SIVs) to leave the country.

Fox noted that the document looks like a U.S. visa, except it had no name, serial number, or barcode on it.

Clearly, the Biden administration didn’t consider the most obvious result of such a foolish move.

“And what do you think happened when these people received a document like this that has no name? Of course, they printed out a thousand copies,” Fox said. “You have tens of thousands of Afghans who now have this kind of ridiculous, bogus document that the State Department created.”

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2021/08/21/biden-administration-sent-out-thousands-of-bogus-visas-to-americans-in-afghanistan-n1471562

Heads should roll, but won’t.