Biden's follies

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

They were raised without the nuclear family Now if you ask where/when/how that culture came to be? That will require some research.  The why it’s that way today is because it’s been that way for a few generations. The how it came to be is another question. 

We're interested in the why, not the what.

24 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Ok, so the black poverty rate is more than double that of whites because of single parent families.  That was your stance.  Does the other parent just drop off the face of the economic planet??  You did a really good job of avoiding the issue by removing a person from existence.  Great work.

You tell me.  You're telling me that marriage for black people is a bad thing.  Are there any studies showing this?  What percentage of these fathers support their child/children?

Just now, Doc said:

You tell me.  You're telling me that marriage for black people is a bad thing.  Are there any studies showing this?  What percentage of these fathers support their child/children?

Yeah, no.  I never said marriage is bad for black people.  

Even if the father were supporting the child, he'd still be a black man earning income.  SMFH.  

So is there 1 actual REAL REASONABLE reason you can give me for why the black poverty rate is more than double that of whites?  Pretty sure we've clarified that single parenting has absolutely no bearing on how much a black person earns.  

Single black parenting has been on the rise, and is an interesting issue, too.  I imagine if blacks made 100% the same as whites that number would be lower.  Imagine how hard it is for single, balck mothers who get hit from both of the main wealth gap disparities(black/female)?  

10 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Yeah, no.  I never said marriage is bad for black people.  

Even if the father were supporting the child, he'd still be a black man earning income.  SMFH.  

So is there 1 actual REAL REASONABLE reason you can give me for why the black poverty rate is more than double that of whites?  Pretty sure we've clarified that single parenting has absolutely no bearing on how much a black person earns.  

Single black parenting has been on the rise, and is an interesting issue, too.  I imagine if blacks made 100% the same as whites that number would be lower.  Imagine how hard it is for single, balck mothers who get hit from both of the main wealth gap disparities(black/female)?  

So if marriage isn't bad for black people...why aren't they getting married?  OK, so I guess you're saying marriage is OK/good for them but single motherhood is better?  Again, show me the studies.

55 minutes ago, daz28 said:

They don't want families? I think what were asking is WHY is that the culture, when it's not the culture of their neighbors with whom they share almost all of the same culture with.

Ok, so the black poverty rate is more than double that of whites because of single parent families.  That was your stance.  Does the other parent just drop off the face of the economic planet??  You did a really good job of avoiding the issue by removing a person from existence.  Great work.

I’m pretty sure the RATE of households in poverty of single family homes was the same or similar across all races. Happy to be corrected 

3 hours ago, Doc said:

So if marriage isn't bad for black people...why aren't they getting married?  OK, so I guess you're saying marriage is OK/good for them but single motherhood is better?  Again, show me the studies.

I'm not biting on the bait n switch thing.  Remember 3 strikes, and you're out:

Edited by daz28

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m pretty sure the RATE of households in poverty of single family homes was the same or similar across all races. Happy to be corrected 

So you're saying the wage disparity is fake, because you cherry picked a stat on "homes"?  The numbers for income based on race are what they are.  No banter changes that.

40 minutes ago, daz28 said:

I'm not biting on the bait n switch thing.  Remember 3 strikes, and you're out:

maybe i missed where that was clarified? 

even if you say black earnings is significantly lower...lets say minimum wage. your telling me if a law was enacted that doubled a household income. provided full time child care within the home including lessons only a parent could provide. included supplemental insurance coverage that could help pay for spouse and child needs even i only 1 parent could obtain them then you have your answer. pretty sure you would say this is a great life altering law.

that law would not make a difference at the very least in the childs life?

if you want to know why single parenting is so rampant take a good look at the incentives paid for it. can you make more on government assistance and receive more benefits if you have a combined income or separate? if you are considered and act as separate entities do you have incentive to stay as a nuclear family even though you have to "pretend" you are not together. is there culturally any call to hold men acountable?

seeing it less and less regardless of skin color. seeing MTV fetishizing young motherhood and zero worries about pregnancy at a young age as no worries..the system will prevent you from any hardships from life altering "mistakes". government assistance will pick up where a father should be responsable. run along young man and be free of consequences. 

28 minutes ago, daz28 said:

So you're saying the wage disparity is fake, because you cherry picked a stat on "homes"?  The numbers for income based on race are what they are.  No banter changes that.

its funny how people use stats for one thing then ignore for another. whats the rate between a high schools grad and a drop out? whats the rate for a college grad to a drop out? whats the drop out rate in the inner city? this is one of the reason for disparity. somthing a individual could change themselves. the left doesnt like these as they force self reflection and hard work. plenty more to talk about but its much easier to say..your fault.

not saying there isnt a disparity but to have a honest conversation you cant just say there a disparity..period.

id take you up on this. no "banter" involved.

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, daz28 said:

Meant single parent households.

That is far from a cherry pick.

Single parent household is the biggest predictor of poverty and crime. More than race, education, etc. 

• Agree 1

Nothing more here to discuss.  When you only expect the other side to change and are unwilling to change yourself based on whatever excuse, it rarely ever works.

It’s simple. If 3/4 of children of any ethnicity are in single parent households, it’s because people of that background are A having babies

B not getting married or cohabitating. 
 As for a reason for any race falling behind in income or exceeding others maybe we should all look to those of Asian descent. They’re kicking everyone’s a$$$ in the income category. We could all probably learn something from their culture. Or maybe if you’re a liberal , we should find ways to hold them back from their exceptional achievement because , you know , equity. 

• Agree 1

https://nypost.com/2021/05/06/amtrak-joe-bidens-story-about-conductor-being-question/

“There was an article, I guess my fourth or fifth year as vice president, saying Biden travels 1,300,000 miles on Air Force One [Two]. I used to — the Secret Service didn’t like it — but I used to like to take the train home.

My mom was sick and I used to try to come home almost every weekend as vice president to see her. I got on the train and Angelo Negri came up and he goes, ‘Joey, baby,’ and he grabbed my cheek like he always did,” Biden steamed ahead.

“He said, ‘Joey, what’s the big deal? 1,300,000 miles on Air Force Two? Do you know how many miles you traveled on Amtrak?’ I said, ‘No, Angie, I don’t know.’ He gave me the calculation and he said, ‘You traveled 1,500,000 miles on Amtrak.’ The fact is, I’d probably take Angie’s word before I’d take the word of what the article said.”

Fox News noted that he entered the fourth year of his vice presidency around 2013 — 20 years after Negri’s obit said he had retired from Amtrak in 1993, when Biden would have been in the Senate.

Meanwhile, the president’s mother, Catherine Eugenia Finnegan, died in 2010 — years before his story allegedly took place.

Yikes

• Haha (+1) 1