Biden's follies

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

If we could somehow crack this nut, all the rest would go away.

Only in America do we believe greed can solve all of our problems.  Even if their was no discrimination in wealth, we'd still have racism.  It's not quite that simple.  It would go a long ways, though.

29 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Only in America do we believe greed can solve all of our problems.  Even if their was no discrimination in wealth, we'd still have racism.  It's not quite that simple.  It would go a long ways, though.

You're right, it wouldn't fix everything. Nothing is 100%.

However, money is power and money talks. If you don't have any you have no power and no one listens to you.  Thus many things are chalked up to racism when actually its poverty IMHO.

Lets look at one place often derided and rightfully so with racist results.  The criminal justice system.  That's a place where money speaks loudly.  Go in with no money and you'll likely get a bad result.  Go in with money and you will likely get better results.  The OJ trial proved the system works.  A rich black man can get off just like a rich white man.  

Same goes for education. Have money to go to a better school you get a better result.  On and on ...

Instead of whining its not fair that people with money have more power we would be better trying to figure out how to close the income gap providing better opportunity and as a result less racism.

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

You're right, it wouldn't fix everything. Nothing is 100%.

However, money is power and money talks. If you don't have any you have no power and no one listens to you.  Thus many things are chalked up to racism when actually its poverty IMHO.

Lets look at one place often derided and rightfully so with racist results.  The criminal justice system.  That's a place where money speaks loudly.  Go in with no money and you'll likely get a bad result.  Go in with money and you will likely get better results.  The OJ trial proved the system works.  A rich black man can get off just like a rich white man.  

Same goes for education. Have money to go to a better school you get a better result.  On and on ...

Instead of whining its not fair that people with money have more power we would be better trying to figure out how to close the income gap providing better opportunity and as a result less racism.

Again, you're swinging and missing.  The point your missing is that money shouldn't be able to even speak with justice.  

59 minutes ago, daz28 said:

It is disgusting, but both parties clearly use race to their advantage.  All of it is disgusting.  The only question I'd have for Tim is if the story he's telling is true, and the playing field truly is level, then explain black poverty.  Surely there's a reason the black poverty rate is over double that of whites.  I got $10 that says he dodges that question.  

And your answer would be racism?

4 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Again, you're swinging and missing.  The point your missing is that money shouldn't be able to even speak with justice.  

Yeah and I should have been 7'  1" so I could play in the NBA.  

But neither is true so we should try to do the best we can in the world we have is how I see it.

How would you propose we go about changing the criminal justice system to where money has no voice in justice?  

Just now, daz28 said:

You give me one plausible explanation that doesn't include something to do with race.  Just one.

How about 3/4 of black children being born to a single mother?

Just now, Doc said:

How about 3/4 of black children being born to a single mother?

So it's an innate problem with black people that they are less capable than white people of having a family?  

....or maybe the initial problem of economic instability plays a factor in it.  

I'll go with the latter.  

3 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Yeah and I should have been 7'  1" so I could play in the NBA.  

But neither is true so we should try to do the best we can in the world we have is how I see it.

How would you propose we go about changing the criminal justice system to where money has no voice in justice?  

Let's not play, 'I'd love to change the world'.  Sticking to our ideals is always going to be a better idea than submitting to something less.

8 minutes ago, daz28 said:

So it's an innate problem with black people that they are less capable than white people of having a family?  

....or maybe the initial problem of economic instability plays a factor in it.  

I'll go with the latter.  

A 2 parent family is far more economically stable than a 1 parent family.  Using initial economic stability as the excuse to not go to a more economically stable situation only leads to a vicious cycle.

Edited by Doc

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

A 2 parent family is far more economically stable than a 1 parent family.

A family making $60k/year is more stable than a family making 30k.  2 people of less means is not equal to 2 people of greater means.  If you think the stress is a low income household is the same as that of a middle class family you're sadly mistaken.  You're looking at this from a very obtuse angle.

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

A family making $60k/year is more stable than a family making 30k.  2 people of less means is not equal to 2 people of greater means.  If you think the stress is a low income household is the same as that of a middle class family you're sadly mistaken.  You're looking at this from a very obtuse angle.

And 1 person of even lower means is far less stable. 

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

And 1 person of even lower means is far less stable. 

If this was correct, then the divorce rate would be lowest among the poor.  Your own point is counter-intuitive.  

29 minutes ago, daz28 said:

If this was correct, then the divorce rate would be lowest among the poor.  Your own point is counter-intuitive.  

Think it through a little more.  I'll wait.

1 hour ago, daz28 said:

Greed may not solve all problems but it’s a hell of a motivator. 

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Think it through a little more.  I'll wait.

You answered a question with a question, now you're doubling down.  I'll give you another chance to answer your own question.  WHY are 3/4 black children in single parent families??  You've already claimed it's not because of socioeconomic reason, so you can't squirm out that way.  WHY?  is it once again cuz they're innately black?  How deep can you dig this hole.  Let's find out.

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

You answered a question with a question, now you're doubling down.  I'll give you another chance to answer your own question.  WHY are 3/4 black children in single parent families??  You've already claimed it's not because of socioeconomic reason, so you can't squirm out that way.  WHY?  is it once again cuz they're innately black?  How deep can you dig this hole.  Let's find out.

Sorry, but it's been shown that married people are more socioeconomically stable.  If you think that black people are an exception, than it's you who are arguing that it's "innately black."

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Simple. Culture. 

They don't want families? I think what were asking is WHY is that the culture, when it's not the culture of their neighbors with whom they share almost all of the same culture with.

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Sorry, but it's been shown that married people are more socioeconomically stable.  If you think that black people are an exception, than it's you who are arguing that it's "innately black."

Ok, so the black poverty rate is more than double that of whites because of single parent families.  That was your stance.  Does the other parent just drop off the face of the economic planet??  You did a really good job of avoiding the issue by removing a person from existence.  Great work.

5 minutes ago, daz28 said:

They don't want families? I think what were asking is WHY is that the culture, when it's not the culture of their neighbors with whom they share almost all of the same culture with.

They were raised without the nuclear family Now if you ask where/when/how that culture came to be? That will require some research.  The why it’s that way today is because it’s been that way for a few generations. The how it came to be is another question.