Micah Hyde signed to 2 yr extension - Schefter

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

This is a good but in a way a meaningless move. Its really just a gesture by the Bills. There is no up front bonus money and therefore no cap effect now or in the future. Meaning they can cut him after next year with no dead money hit in the future. So there really is not a lot of added security for Hyde. All it really does is lock in his salary figure for the next three years. 

I like Hyde as a player and I did not see any drop off in his play last year. That said, I still would not be shocked if either Poyer or Hyde is let go after 2021 and is replaced by a draft pick cheaper option.

Isn’t a 7.5M signing bonus considering “up front bonus money”?

I’d be shocked if either of them were replaced after this season. 

Well deserved. I think his signing was one of the few times everyone was in agreement about the move. Great pickup.

also, smart for his wife locking hmm down. Every female bills fan I know loves him. 

55 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Guy doesn’t miss games. Glad to have him here longer 

😬

3 hours ago, Beast said:

For those that say Hyde lost a step last year, could you point out some plays where that was evident?

Hyde is a monster. 

But....but....but some people said.  That is code for their was no one else and they don't know football.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

Isn’t a 7.5M signing bonus considering “up front bonus money”?

I’d be shocked if either of them were replaced after this season. 

It is. I was going off the initial reports that it was a straight extension.  The $7.5M bonus would be money that would need to be prorated and would affect dead cap space if he was cut.

They can't spend money everywhere.  The cap will go back up for 2022 season and Josh's extension won't hit until 2023 so it's possible to keep two fairly expensive safeties and a top dollar CB in 2022.  Star and Hughes and a few others will be off the books by 2022.  I don't see them drafting a safety early this year - maybe a low round guy that has some return ability. But I can see a safety in 2022 in the first three rounds.  

• Agree 1

On 3/5/2021 at 12:04 PM, nato7412 said:

Im a little surprised, interested to see the numbers on this. Hes still solid and a leader but I dont think his play is where it used to be.

I agree.  His tackles were way down and he has to take some of the blame for the opposing tight ends running free all over the field.

My memories of his key plays this season are a mixed bag.  He was there for the Hail Murray but he knocked Tre White out of the play.  He does always seem to be the guy that fields onside kicks.  He emphatically knocked down the Hail Mary in the playoff game but then there’s the aforementioned TEs running free.

Edited by ColeB