Bills “Growth Mindset” series premieres March 11

After watching this....I just love this team.

I loved my 90's Bills of course but I think this 2020 team is my favorite of all time.  

I'm almost ready to say that Josh Allen, even after 3 years, might be my favorite Bill of all time.  He works his ass off, great leader and is just so likable.  

He will never let the fans down with effort....he will always give it his all.  How can you not love that guy?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

I have said it before and will say it again... it starts with Sean McDermott. Yes, you need the Quarterback; No, we don't win 13 games last year without Josh; but there is just no way Sean McDermott wasn't going to be a successful NFL Head Coach. Take the guys who have won Superbowls out of it for a second.... is there any other coach in the NFL who hasn't won a Superbowl that you would swap him for? 

And he isn't just a coach. He is the leader of the franchise. The Pegulas have been smart enough to get out of his way, Brandon Beane is empowered as his GM but I don't think there is a single move he makes that Sean couldn't veto if he wanted to. And the best draft of this regime is the one Sean ran as quasi-GM himself - three of their first four picks from that class have now signed long term deals with this team. When was the last time the Bills did that? Extended three guys from the same class? How many men could have come in and turned the dysfunctional mess that was Buffalo into a model NFL organisation in 4 years? It isn't just about drafting, it isn't just about talent, it is about culture. Anyone who has ever tried to manage a locker room in any sport knows that. Some locker rooms you walk into and feel like you can win any game. Other locker rooms you can walk into and the talent is there but there is something missing. 

Sean McDermott is awesome. I hope he can deliver a Championship, because there is nobody who deserves it more. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have said it before and will say it again... it starts with Sean McDermott. Yes, you need the Quarterback; No, we don't win 13 games last year without Josh; but there is just no way Sean McDermott wasn't going to be a successful NFL Head Coach. Take the guys who have won Superbowls out of it for a second.... is there any other coach in the NFL who hasn't won a Superbowl that you would swap him for? 

And he isn't just a coach. He is the leader of the franchise. The Pegulas have been smart enough to get out of his way, Brandon Beane is empowered as his GM but I don't think there is a single move he makes that Sean couldn't veto if he wanted to. And the best draft of this regime is the one Sean ran as quasi-GM himself - three of their first four picks from that class have now signed long term deals with this team. When was the last time the Bills did that? Extended three guys from the same class? How many men could have come in and turned the dysfunctional mess that was Buffalo into a model NFL organisation in 4 years? It isn't just about drafting, it isn't just about talent, it is about culture. Anyone who has ever tried to manage a locker room in any sport knows that. Some locker rooms you walk into and feel like you can win any game. Other locker rooms you can walk into and the talent is there but there is something missing. 

Sean McDermott is awesome. I hope he can deliver a Championship, because there is nobody who deserves it more. 

Great post!

Also, organization is spelled with a “z” and not “s”.  You Brits can’t spell. That’s why this post is a 99 out of 100....almost had it.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

meh, there's nothing new under the sun...

image.png.6ce8ba1f6704ec621bf8652f80d0a304.png

Yeah she really rewrote the universe with that one ;)

I guess the bank mindset got a lot better after the book sales ;)

Just now, JMF2006 said:

Yeah she really rewrote the universe with that one ;)

I guess the bank mindset got a lot better after the book sales ;)

Well since McD has gotten here, he has assigned a catch phrase to each season....

• Agree 1

This was awesome!  It sure does make me wish September was here, though!

As a note, this combined with resigning Milano yesterday I think really underscores the importance of keeping our own homegrown talent... especially when that talent fits in with Buffalo's culture.  And just from watching Milano's interviews, you can really tell he's one of those that fits the Buffalo formula.