Subscription Required: The Athletic's 2022 Bills Roster Projection

https://theathletic.com/2428122/2021/03/05/bills-2021-roster-projection-including-potential-free-agent-adds-and-draft-picks/

I won't copy the whole thing over, but for those that don't have a subscription, some of the main points from Matthew Fairburn:

• Somehow projects us to end up drafting Kadarius Toney, Liam Eichenburg, Carlos Basham, AND Tyson Campbell, all of which are potential 1st round picks.
  • Expects Buffalo to roll with Webb/Fromm as the backup QB
  • "The Bills’ backfield should look the same at the top. Zack Moss and Devin Singletary will get at least another season to prove what they can do with better blocking up front and a more functional running game." Doesn't project any additions to the RB room this offseason.
  • Projects that we cut John Brown and replace McKenzie/Roberts with Toney.
  • Projects that we sign Kyle Rudolph to pair with Knox
  • Projects that we let Daryl Williams walk
  • Re-signs Feliciano
  • Keeps Addison and adds Basham in the draft
  • Doesn't touch DT at all
  • Replaces Milano with Haason Reddick

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Thanks, great intel/opinion.

I think we at least try to sign Daryl Williams if we can get a reasonable contract which given the salary cap hell of many teams I think it is possible.

Webb/Fromm, interesting but I dont see it.  Total inexperience at backup QB.  Yes Webb has been around but his snaps in the NFL, actually for both of them, zero.

Feliciano is all but done imo, no brainer and has already said he wants to come back. I sure hopes he  plays better than he did versus the Chiefs.

Drafting a RB for the third year in a row would be an admission of failure.

8 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Thanks, great intel/opinion.

I think we at least try to sign Daryl Williams if we can get a reasonable contract which given the salary cap hell of many teams I think it is possible.

Webb/Fromm, interesting but I dont see it.  Total inexperience at backup QB.  Yes Webb has been around but his snaps in the NFL, actually for both of them, zero.

Feliciano is all but done imo, no brainer and has already said he wants to come back. I sure hopes he  plays better than he did versus the Chiefs.

Drafting a RB for the third year in a row would be an admission of failure.

When it comes to backup Quartback, they legitimately dont have the cash to bring in anyone worth playing if Allen goes down.   And lets be honest, if Josh misses any extended period of time the season is over anyways.   Save the money, let Webb and Fromm battle it out in camp to see how can hold down the fort.  

56 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

When it comes to backup Quartback, they legitimately dont have the cash to bring in anyone worth playing if Allen goes down.   And lets be honest, if Josh misses any extended period of time the season is over anyways.   Save the money, let Webb and Fromm battle it out in camp to see how can hold down the fort.  

When you are at the Bills current level, each and every game becomes critical for playoff positioning, homes games etc.  I would hate to think we get knocked down a notch in the playoff seating because we have QBs starting that have never taken an NFL snap.  J Allen runs a lot and does get hurt,  it wouldn't shock me if he is out for a few weeks in mid-season.

The Bills can afford a decent seasoned backup, it is not a position you just "write" off the second string...do that at other positions.

5 hours ago, DCOrange said:

https://theathletic.com/2428122/2021/03/05/bills-2021-roster-projection-including-potential-free-agent-adds-and-draft-picks/

I won't copy the whole thing over, but for those that don't have a subscription, some of the main points from Matthew Fairburn:

• Somehow projects us to end up drafting Kadarius Toney, Liam Eichenburg, Carlos Basham, AND Tyson Campbell, all of which are potential 1st round picks.

I think if those only Toney is a likely 1st. The other three are all likely 2nd rounders although I have heard that teams are not as high on Campbell as the draft media so there is an outside chance he slides to the third.

What bothers me a bit is word on the street was that this past season that officials were told by the league to keep things working fast. Meaning very few holding calls to keep offenses on the field.

If true, and they resort to past tendencies of calling those holds... it makes me wonder just how good that Buffalo offensive line is going to be going forward?  

Buffalo graded as PFF's 10th best unit and Williams graded 79.4. When reflecting back at a lot of games it looked like Allen had tons of times in the pocket almost every game. Save the Chiefs games. 

Should Buffalo ever want to get past the Chiefs they will need to do better than they did in last years two games by giving Allen a cleaner pocket, more time to throw. A Better O line!

It also wouldn't hurt to have a TE like Gronk, that even when he is being held he can muscle free to catch the ball. Plus, it would help to have officials that will call the holds / jams past 5 yards by the Chiefs DBs. 

I read it, overall was OK with most of the moves suggested other than would try to sign McKenzie and would prefer a vet backup for OT.  With McKenzie and Roberts both gone not sure I liked the idea of turning over the return game to a rookie on a team poised to make a SB run.   Also didn't like not signing a FA Edge. I'd cut Addison to bring one in.

15 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Didn't see anything on Hodgins.

He's a monster like Davis and a deep threat.

He was on IR all year  

Allen is going to have fun with this kid 

I love a little beaver even once and awhile

I like his hand fighting  jabs db in the center of the chest with his long arms disease have no chance to get back into the play, great jumping ability  to high point the ball

• Agree 1