Bills pre-draft visit tracker

1 hour ago, Pete said:

we are still looking for our Big Nickel

Sure McDermott might be looking for that person. But it's not going to be as big as a package as what most people think

Maybe 15-20% of snaps. At most 

And in McDermott's defense he's replacing Taron johnson, a really good nickel corner who does a bit of everything for us.. when Taron goes down we replace him with 3 guys platooning haha

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Perfect fit for our big nickel. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hes not great in coverage but he's solid against the run. Had some 1st round hype before the season but I think he may fall to the late 2nd or possibly the 3rd. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, DJB said:

Hes not great in coverage but he's solid against the run. Had some 1st round hype before the season but I think he may fall to the late 2nd or possibly the 3rd. 

My take on Moses:

1. get intel on his teammates (Harris, Barmore, maybe Waddle?)

2. in case we get a sweetheart offer for Edmunds

3. standard due diligence in case he falls to the 5th or something...

I don't see any other real likely scenario for McBeane to be overly interested in him otherwise...

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Beane will never draft a guy that can’t keep his mouth shut.  Geez.

Beane loves to play games with the draft... I'm willing to bet he calls in favors on occasion to create smoke, misdirect, etc. This could also be that...

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I heard the Bills like Shawn Wade. Met with him a few times. 

I’d be really interested to know where they see him. Most of the league thinks he’s gonna have to transition to S, which is plummeting his stock, but I think he’d be fine at cb in our system... talented player who fits our scheme at a discount? Yes please. Makes a lot of sense...

Just now, glazeduck said:

I’d be really interested to know where they see him. Most of the league thinks he’s gonna have to transition to S, which is plummeting his stock, but I think he’d be fine at cb in our system... talented player who fits our scheme at a discount? Yes please. Makes a lot of sense...

He’s a really good slot corner. He had a tough year on the outside for a variety of reasons, one of which he was playing with turf toe and very little safety help. I think he’s a corner. I wouldn’t move him to safety. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/5/2021 at 1:11 PM, MrSarcasm said:

Based on this list it appears the Bills are okay with AJ Klein being a starter for the whole year.

That would be terrifying especially playing someone like NE with  two TE sets , 

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s a really good slot corner. He had a tough year on the outside for a variety of reasons, one of which he was playing with turf toe and very little safety help. I think he’s a corner. I wouldn’t move him to safety. 

Interesting. I have him graded as a safety transition. I don't know if he has the short area quickness to be a slot in the NFL. 

55 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Interesting. I have him graded as a safety transition. I don't know if he has the short area quickness to be a slot in the NFL. 

From my untrained eye he played like a safety against Alabama. 

He made some pretty nice tackles.

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I can’t believe how hard he’s dropped in the eyes of the draftniks. I’d like him on the Bills in the slot. His length there would be a plus.

15 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I can’t believe how hard he’s dropped in the eyes of the draftniks. I’d like him on the Bills in the slot. His length there would be a plus.

I have a feeling their interest is rooted in his mental approach, dedication to football (that mcdermott DNA) and that he won’t need to start right away. He has the athleticism and intelligence. 5 star recruit and graduated in 3 years. Would fit into the locker room, he’s a big “team” guy. He would need to find the right fit. He hurt his stock coming back this year but if he’s there in the 3rd someone will jump on that as a developmental guy. Taron J is a FA next year. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is interesting. Played a ton of slot for Oregon -- great ball skills -- probably the best in the class. Happy to wax poetically about him if folks have questions.

That said, hard for me to believe we're spending one of our top 2 picks on him -- feels more like due diligence if he falls to the 3rd? 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

This is interesting. Played a ton of slot for Oregon -- great ball skills -- probably the best in the class. Happy to wax poetically about him if folks have questions.

That said, hard for me to believe we're spending one of our top 2 picks on him -- feels more like due diligence if he falls to the 3rd? 

Safety is a sneaky need. Not much depth at the moment behind Hyde and poyer. 

• Like (+1) 1