Dak wants deal right behind Mahomes..my question is based on what??

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Next to the definition of “indirectly”

Sorry, was busy "indirectly" running NASA with my tax dollars.

But excellent point.  With indirect pressure of countless millions of NFL fans, Jones will force any/all other interested GMs to believe that Dak is not worth nearly Mahomes money.

10 hours ago, Rico said:

There are a lot of numbers next to Dak’s name in that link, mostly good. Also 1 interception and 2 sacks. Were any of those 3 plays critical mistakes on his part that made a big difference in a close game? Can’t tell by looking at that link, not without doing a deeper dive, preferably by watching the game. What I do know by looking at that link is that he was the QB and his team did not win the game. L.

I watched the game. He played really well, bringing them back from a 28-13 deficit to tie the game (and then bringing them back to tie it again to tie it at 31). A 5 percent sack rate isn’t bad at all, and the pick he threw was followed by a Rodgers pick on the next series.  It was one of those games in which whoever had the ball last was likely to win. And that’s what happened. It was a shootout.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I watched the game. He played really well, bringing them back from a 28-13 deficit to tie the game (and then bringing them back to tie it again to tie it at 31). A 5 percent sack rate isn’t bad at all, and the pick he threw was followed by a Rodgers pick on the next series.  It was one of those games in which whoever had the ball last was likely to win. And that’s what happened. It was a shootout.

Don't get me wrong, I believe you. I'm just saying you can't tell that's true by just looking at a box score stat line.

1 minute ago, Rico said:

Don't get me wrong, I believe you. I'm just saying you can't tell that's true by just looking at a box score stat line.

I totally agree about that. But he was clutch. They were down 28-13 in the 4th, and then while the Cowboys are driving he throws a pick to micah hyde on a wide receiver screen. The game looks over, but after the rodgers INT, he throws two more TD passes, rushes for a 2-pt conversion to tie the game at 28, and then leads them to a fg to tie it again at 31 with 40 seconds left. 

11 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I totally agree about that. But he was clutch. They were down 28-13 in the 4th, and then while the Cowboys are driving he throws a pick to micah hyde on a wide receiver screen. The game looks over, but after the rodgers INT, he throws two more TD passes, rushes for a 2-pt conversion to tie the game at 28, and then leads them to a fg to tie it again at 31 with 40 seconds left. 

Sounds like he had a good game.

I do have to qualify one thing about my QB takes. In this day and age of the NFL, I am not very easily impressed by any QB. I do not think they compare favorably to QBs from past years with non-fantasy football rules. That's a big reason why I prioritize W-L records. Even with that, I don't like him but I still have mad respect for Brady, he has gotten the job done more than anyone.

Edited by Rico

50 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Your recollection of the game also reinforces that eyeball test trumps W-L or stats. Trust what you see above all. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1