Dak wants deal right behind Mahomes..my question is based on what??

22 hours ago, Rico said:

I agree on the age difference, only Wilson has won big in this league and Watson hasn’t. I think Watson and Prescott are very similar if you look at bottom-line results. Cowboys are probably best served  in the end by paying Zac and not giving away any other assets.

I think Wilson is better but you did realize Wilson won biggest when Seattle had the best defense in the NFL right? Again, it’s almost like football is a team game or something? 

21 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

That’s cute, but he is part of the team that lost, so..  no excuses he lost just like every other member of the team, feel free to go into your spin cycle... 😁

So when the Rams beat the Chiefs 54-51, Pat Mahomes is a loser correct? Like he should have scored more right?  Is Allen a “loser” because the Cardinals completed a Hail Mary pass? 

people actually think like this? 🤔

• Agree 1

On 3/5/2021 at 1:04 PM, FireChans said:

IMO the Dallas Cowboys are a prime example of how much a baseline of decent coaching are required in the NFL. 

I thought McCarthy was going to right the ship a bit but Dak got hurt. And McCarthy isn’t even a really good coach, but that’s how just how horrific Garrett was in 2019. He could teach a Master Class on getting the least possible out of your players.

McCarthy sucks. His whole career is Aaron Rodgers. 

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think Wilson is better but you did realize Wilson won biggest when Seattle had the best defense in the NFL right? Again, it’s almost like football is a team game or something? 

So when the Rams beat the Chiefs 54-51, Pat Mahomes is a loser correct? Like he should have scored more right?  Is Allen a “loser” because the Cardinals completed a Hail Mary pass? 

Playing what-if is always fun. If they don’t draft Wilson and Tarveras Jackson is still their QB, they probably don’t win a SB. If 2021 Prescott or Watson is the Seahawks QB in 2013, they might have still won a SB.

We do know what actually happened though. Seahawks won that SB, and Wilson played a major part. Maybe not THE major part, but a major part nonetheless. We also know that neither Prescott nor Watson have experienced that kind of success yet. If and when they do, I will give them the props they deserve.

23 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Every member of a team that loses a game is indeed a loser for that game regardless of individual performance, ya lost the game you’re the loser, really very simple, ya just didn’t get a silver star for your forehead that day, folk need to get over this need that everyone is a winner even when they lose. 

On 3/4/2021 at 2:40 PM, Big Turk said:

This dude is dreaming if he thinks he is deserving of that type of money and the Cowboys are flat out dumb if they even are thinking about paying it.

Based on what does Dak think he is even in the same league as Mahomes?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-cowboys-prescott-seeking-deal-205754257.html

On 3/4/2021 at 2:55 PM, RichRiderBills said:

Dak cant put the team on shoulders. I would move on. He is a stat guy. Cowboys made him fair offers. 

On 3/4/2021 at 3:13 PM, Gene1973 said:

No wonder why the Cowboys could not make a deal with Dak, he's delusional...

On 3/4/2021 at 5:44 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Lol, he better start looking for a new team

On 3/4/2021 at 7:14 PM, Mr. WEO said:

No team was going to pay him 40 million per...before the amputation.

He's delusional.

Jerry's people leaking this certainly seemed to turn the general public against Dak.  You wonder how accurate the reports are.

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Jerry's people leaking this certainly seemed to turn the general public against Dak.  You wonder how accurate the reports are.

The general public doesn't write QB's checks.  

36 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

McCarthy sucks. His whole career is Aaron Rodgers. 

I think Garrett is still worse lol

15 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Every member of a team that loses a game is indeed a loser for that game regardless of individual performance, ya lost the game you’re the loser, really very simple, ya just didn’t get a silver star for your forehead that day, folk need to get over this need that everyone is a winner even when they lose. 

This is a horrible post.

2 hours ago, Rico said:

I never said it was 100% fair. It's not always fair.

But there are 3 indisputable facts:

1. Nothing is more important in the NFL than winning the Super Bowl.

2. You can't win a Super Bowl if you can't win in the playoffs.

3. It's impossible to win a Super Bowl if you do not make the playoffs.

There is also a 4th 'fact' which has been almost always true with the exception of a few outliers:

4. The QB is very important and a major factor for any team that has won a Super Bowl.

With that have been said,

I choose to ultimately judge QBs based on look test and bottom-line results in the biggest of games. I find that to be more valid than look test accompanied by the sometimes frantic spinning and twisting of stats to justify what is believed to be seen.

YMMV.:D

So by your logic every Quarterback who doesn't win a Superbowl is worthless. It is a nonsensical way of thinking. The world is far more nuanced than that.

• Disagree 1

51 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I think Garrett is still worse lol

This is a horrible post.

But true none the less, if you lose the game you are the loser, regardless of any individual performance by a member of the losing team. What kind of sissy mind set do some folk employ to deflect that the team that lost are the losers, from the water boy to the owner ya lost, that makes you the loser. 

26 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

So by your logic every Quarterback who doesn't win a Superbowl is worthless. It is a nonsensical way of thinking. The world is far more nuanced than that.

Biggest of games =

1. Super Bowl

2. Playoff Games

Eyeball test is still important. Remember though, this is the NFL, where (as Bill Belichick once said), stats are for losers.

2 minutes ago, Rico said:

Biggest of games =

1. Super Bowl

2. Playoff Games

Eyeball test is still important. Remember though, this is the NFL, where (as Bill Belichick once said), stats are for losers.

You said yourself you can't get to the Superbowl if you are not in the playoffs. You have to win regular season games. Dak has played 4 full seasons and won 2 division titles. That means he is giving his team a shot every other year. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

You said yourself you can't get to the Superbowl if you are not in the playoffs. You have to win regular season games. Dak has played 4 full seasons and won 2 division titles. That means he is giving his team a shot every other year. 

No doubt it is better to be 1-2 in the playoffs than never get there at all. Good thing is he's still very young and has the potential to exceed that record... we will see.

2 minutes ago, Rico said:

No doubt it is better to be 1-2 in the playoffs than never get there at all. Good thing is he's still very young and has the potential to exceed that record... we will see.

And that is the point. There are 3 or 4 special guys. But if you can't have a special guy you are better with Dak than a lot of other guys. At this stage I'd take him in a heartbeat over the guys who went 1&2 in his draft for example.

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And that is the point. There are 3 or 4 special guys. But if you can't have a special guy you are better with Dak than a lot of other guys. At this stage I'd take him in a heartbeat over the guys who went 1&2 in his draft for example.

Not really slamming him, not really slamming Watson (maybe a little in other threads just for goofs cause of his current status with the Texans). Right now though, I would take Wilson over either of them if I wanted to win now. Wilson has been a big-game winner and passes the eyeball test. The other 2 may look good, but 1-2 doesn't cut it for me if I can have a proven Wilson. Just for comparison's sake, Big Ben has been a big-game winner, but he doesn't pass the eyeball test now, not at all.

Edited by Rico

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Be honest. You were the last guy to play on the team but celebrated like you were the star when you won. 😉

Just now, Rico said:

Not really slamming him, not really slamming Watson (maybe a little in other threads just for goofs cause of his current status with the Texans). Right now though, I would take Wilson over either of them if I wanted to win now. Wilson has been a big-game winner and passes the eye test. The other 2 may look good, but 1-2 doesn't cut it for me if I can have a proven Wilson. Just for comparison's sake, Big Ben has been a big-game winner, but he doesn't pass the eye test now, not at all.

Would take Watson with number 1 defense like Wilson had early in his career?  I think Wilson and Watson are top 5 qbs with Dak top 10. But there are so many factors that go into winning in the nfl. I can’t believe some fans don’t understand this. 

• Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

We do indirectly.  This deal is obviously being negotiated through the public with these various leaks.

We don't at all.  We may pay for tickets, buy merchandise, pay for TV viewing....but we have no say in who gets what.   Love or hate Dak/Jones,  there's no effect.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

We don't at all.  We may pay for tickets, buy merchandise, pay for TV viewing....but we have no say in who gets what.   Love or hate Dak/Jones,  there's no effect.

Strongly disagree. My emails to the team threatening not to buy tickets has a major impact. 

😏

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Be honest. You were the last guy to play on the team but celebrated like you were the star when you won. 😉

Would take Watson with number 1 defense like Wilson had early in his career?  I think Wilson and Watson are top 5 qbs with Dak top 10. But there are so many factors that go into winning in the nfl. I can’t believe some fans don’t understand this. 

And that's why you can't really use stats when evaluating QBs. For instance, take a look at the numbers from one of Dan Marino's playoff losses with Miami to the Bills during the SB years. If you did not see those games, you would think he played pretty well. Only he looked like a deer in headlights until the game was out of hand, then put up all his yards/points in garbage time. W-L record isn't perfect, but it is absolute. You either got it done, or you did not.

Edited by Rico

6 minutes ago, Rico said:

Not really slamming him, not really slamming Watson (maybe a little in other threads just for goofs cause of his current status with the Texans). Right now though, I would take Wilson over either of them if I wanted to win now. Wilson has been a big-game winner and passes the eyeball test. The other 2 may look good, but 1-2 doesn't cut it for me if I can have a proven Wilson. Just for comparison's sake, Big Ben has been a big-game winner, but he doesn't pass the eyeball test now, not at all.

I can make an argument for Watson over Wilson. The way Wilson has faded down the stretch the last two seasons after being presumptive MVP through 8 weeks does concern me. But those two are close enough to me that I am not fighting strongly either way. And I'd 100% take Wilson over Prescott. That is a different altogether tier to me. There are 6 guys I think are special and I have Watson and Wilson in that, Dak is in the best of the rest conversation with the Tannehills and the Staffords and Jacksons.