Dak wants deal right behind Mahomes..my question is based on what??

14 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

The answer to your question is yes. Then again Blake Bortles won 2 playoff games and got his team within 4 points of the SB with a good Defense. Any team with that good of a defense can be a contender. 

To be clear, Dak was offered a top 10 QB number...he's also made a top 5 # over the last 2 years. 

Dak has been given tools to win. Oline draft picks , paid RB and kept him. Proactive to get WRs and pay them. Not like they've let him flap.

They routinely bring in top coaches to the D and try supply talent there as well. 

Lets also not forget Texas is income tax free, has low property taxes, and the Dallas QB gets tons of endorsement deals.

Mike Nolan? Top coaches....... wow. You've started early. 

It's also fair to say people haven't noticed by Dallas's oline has not been very good the last two years. It's probably part of the reason their QB got hurt scrambling outside a messy pocket. After defensive back I would say offensive line is the Cowboys #1 need. It was good his first couple of years, no doubting that. 

12 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I mean i get that its not the be all end all... but bottom line if the formula isnt working, you dont think its time to move on?  it hasnt worked on the contract hes on, is the team roster going to get better or worse if they tie him up with a fat contract?  hes had plenty of years to show he can put the team on his back and win, and he hasnt

Using win lost records for a QBs is dumb. But since people like dumb things, Dan’s “record” is 42-27, which includes 2-3 this year (one game where he got hurt and didn’t finish the game) where he was on pace to set a nfl record for passing yards. 

Qb win- loss records are stupid without context. 

16 hours ago, Big Turk said:

This dude is dreaming if he thinks he is deserving of that type of money and the Cowboys are flat out dumb if they even are thinking about paying it.

Based on what does Dak think he is even in the same league as Mahomes?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-cowboys-prescott-seeking-deal-205754257.html

Excuse me!

Didn't he stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

Doesn't he have a name that can be in print and save space on the front page?

Give him the money....it helps the Bills, just another team with an overpaid QB using cap space unwisely. 

At the end of the day, he has a ton of leverage here. One more franchise tag and Dallas is forced to either give him the contract he wants, let him walk, or tag him again for $50+ million. They screwed the pooch massively here with the contracts they gave out to less important players. They're already stuck considering cutting one of the highest paid LBs in the league and trying to decide if they should split carries between one of the highest paid RBs and one of the cheapest RBs.

17 hours ago, Big Turk said:

This dude is dreaming if he thinks he is deserving of that type of money and the Cowboys are flat out dumb if they even are thinking about paying it.

Based on what does Dak think he is even in the same league as Mahomes?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-cowboys-prescott-seeking-deal-205754257.html

So you want him to start negotiating low?  He can ask for whatever he wants, but what he agrees to tells us a lot more about what he really believes - and what the Cowboys and/or league really believes. 

29 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

If I was Dallas I might consider trading for Wilson and letting Dak walk...Wilson is a better player and is under a more reasonable contract.

That’s actually a pretty stellar line of thinking.  Heck, if Seattle is willing to pay Dak then the Cowboys could include him in the deal after they tag him.

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

This guy is delusional. Not a top 5 QB in the league and coming of a major injury, 

He isn't delusional. He has all the leverage. He isn't a top 5 QB in the league but he is negotiating with a party who have backed themselves into a corner with two year's worth of bad organisational decisions on contract prioritisation and have no other realistic option. 

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He isn't delusional. He has all the leverage. He isn't a top 5 QB in the league but he is negotiating with a party who have backed themselves into a corner with two year's worth of bad organisational decisions on contract prioritisation and have no other realistic option. 

I see you still haven't gotten your "Z" key fixed.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

And how likely do you think it is Seattle will let Russ go?

Based on reports coming out, as each day passes and the sides become more and more irritated with each other, it becomes increasingly likely.

Just now, Big Turk said:

Based on reports coming out, as each day passes and the sides become more and more irritated with each other, it becomes increasingly likely.

So what do you think it would take for Seattle to let him go? I still think it highly unlikely. 

41 minutes ago, wppete said:

This guy is delusional. Not a top 5 QB in the league and coming of a major injury, 

so you saying he is not a top 5 QB is your opinion of him. He was putting up MVP numbers before his injury and it was not close. 

Prescot in first 5 games before injury here we go.

Prescot----Comp. 68%  Yards 1856  9 TD 

Mahomes--Comp. 64% Yards 1705  10 TD 

Rodgers ---Comp. 76.9% Yards 1199   15 TD 

Prescot was in the conversation near or at top before injury for MVP.  Naming top 5 QB in this league is hard its best done in tiers.  All this info I am giving is subjective and crystal ball stuff right now.. but what Prescot did those first 5 games? crazy

• Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

So what do you think it would take for Seattle to let him go? I still think it highly unlikely. 

Earlier reports said Seattle was setting the initial asking price at 3 first round picks. Not sure if they moved off that or not. Bears apparently putting together a massive offer.

Edited by Big Turk

19 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The Cowboys could have had him at $32m per two years ago and blew it. He isn't worth the 2nd highest contract but he is a top 10 Quarterback and he has a lot of leverage because the Cowboys have ballsed this up. 

I agree he is a top 10 guy and the Cowboys have worked this situation like they think he is not top 10. They can go with the Red Rifle and draft a QB or overpay Dak, neither option is good for cowboys