What About Watson for Jag's No. 1 Pick?

6 hours ago, whorlnut said:

It’s laughable that this is even a topic. Lawrence to Jax is a virtual lock. 

The entire planet knows TL is going first. OP threw out the trade of an established franchise QB.

2 different things.

TL goes first regardless. It's an interesting discussion, imo.

how many first round QB's everyone thought would be great ended up flopping?

If I am Jacks and its just for the first round pick knowing you get a first round pick?

Its an interesting discussion to have. That being said I would think they would want more then the first round pick.

Interesting topic OP

14 hours ago, Rico said:

No doubt... if you’re the Texans though and you truly believe that Lawrence can become a big-time big-game winner, you make that trade. I don’t see that quality in Watson.

Little Rico with another hot take. Clearly the guy who beat Alabama in a Natick ship championship; was up 24-7 against last year’s SB champions before his defense collapsed (and was the main reason they beat us); and is off to one of the best start in nfl history clearly isn’t good enough. Definitely the guy who peaked as a freshman in college is clearly going to be better. Clearly.

and I don’t know how Lawrence will be as a pro. I just think your take on Watson is Awful. Enjoy your Friday! Don’t forget your booster seat if you go out! 

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Little Rico with another hot take. Clearly the guy who beat Alabama in a Natick ship championship; was up 24-7 against last year’s SB champions before his defense collapsed (and was the main reason they beat us); and is off to one of the best start in nfl history clearly isn’t good enough. Definitely the guy who peaked as a freshman in college is clearly going to be better. Clearly.

and I don’t know how Lawrence will be as a pro. I just think your take on Watson is Awful. Enjoy your Friday! Don’t forget your booster seat if you go out! 

Clemson is not the NFL,  Lil Biscuit. :( 

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, DCOrange said:

There's not a chance in hell Jacksonville trades the #1 pick for Watson.

19 hours ago, whorlnut said:

It’s laughable that this is even a topic. Lawrence to Jax is a virtual lock. 

🤔

Hmmmm.  I wonder if the Jacksonville owner pays attention to the press (and us)?

Urban Meyer:

image.thumb.jpeg.f79f17f831c90e410e2ea88fc02b5765.jpeg

Watson is worth more than Lawrence. The #1 pick is there for the opportunity to draft a player that will be as good or better than Watson, with no guarantee itll actually happen. 

The reason why it would never happen is not bc of Jax its bc of Houston. Would we trade Allen to the Patriots? Come on man. 

Edited by bobobonators

21 hours ago, DCOrange said:

There's not a chance in hell Jacksonville trades the #1 pick for Watson.

If I were Jacksonville I would trade the #1 pick for Watson in a heartbeat.  Proven 25 year old top QB in the league in his prime > unproven rookie (I dont care how good of a prospect he is or about the contract)

31 minutes ago, BillsCuse said:

If I were Jacksonville I would trade the #1 pick for Watson in a heartbeat.  Proven 25 year old top QB in the league in his prime > unproven rookie (I dont care how good of a prospect he is or about the contract)

It just isn't going to happen. It doesn't make sense for Houston, doesn't make sense for Jacksonville, and doesn't make sense for Watson.

Jacksonville likely values Lawrence more than Watson straight up. Houston likely doesn't see it that way and even if they did, they don't want Watson within their division. And Watson would never play for Jacksonville so there's no point in Jacksonville considering it anyways.

• 3 weeks later...