My Mom passed away yesterday and she loved her Buffalo Bills

14 hours ago, Returntoglory said:

I just wanted to put up a post in memory of my Mom who passed away yesterday.

She has been a Bills Fan since their inception into the NFL. 

She loved wearing her Bills gear and had her favorite players over the years. Bentley. Talley. and most recently Cole Beasley.

When I was in the USAF stationed in Germany throughout the 80's, Mom would send me tapes of all the Bills games. I would either watch them in my dorm room or in the day room with my fellow airman or a few years later when we lived in our home on the economy, we would have a Big Bills watch party, Wings included.

But what I will miss the most is making Pizza and wings and running them across the street to Mom before or during the game, and getting and giving phone calls throughout the game when Buffalo would score or just to share a comment or two about a specific play.

I love you Mom :(❤️ 

RTG, I’m so sorry for you’re loss.  I know when I lost my mom it was tough.  You’re post reminded me of my dad when I first moved to FL.  It was pre-internet and he worked for the Buff. News for 44 years.  Every Monday, he used to take the Monday extra on the Bills and put it in one of those tubes and would overnight it to me for Tuesday delivery.  We’re Irish, so not big on feelings, but I always knew he loved his son through those little actions.

Tou get to carry her on with those memories and sharing those with you’re kids.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, eball said:

Sincere condolences.  Funny, my 81-year-old mom's favorite player right now is Beasley also.

Ha! Same here. My mother is 81 and always talks about Beasley. The older gals love them some Bease! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Very sorry to hear, RTG. I bet mom and Pancho are sharing some good drought stories and laughing.

13 minutes ago, Maynard said:

Ha! Same here. My mother is 81 and always talks about Beasley. The older gals love them some Bease! 

Then I must be an older gal now because I love me some Bease as well. One of my absolute favorites. 👍🏻😁

• Thank you (+1) 1

Condolences.  My mom passed away a year ago this week - another big Bills fan.  In fact she and my dad were at the '64 Championship game and ran on the field, which knowing my parents, blows me away.  One way we can honor our moms is to stay true to the Bills!  

• Awesome! (+1) 2