My Mom passed away yesterday and she loved her Buffalo Bills

3 hours ago, Returntoglory said:

I just wanted to put up a post in memory of my Mom who passed away yesterday.

She has been a Bills Fan since their inception into the NFL. 

She loved wearing her Bills gear and had her favorite players over the years. Bentley. Talley. and most recently Cole Beasley.

When I was in the USAF stationed in Germany throughout the 80's, Mom would send me tapes of all the Bills games. I would either watch them in my dorm room or in the day room with my fellow airman or a few years later when we lived in our home on the economy, we would have a Big Bills watch party, Wings included.

But what I will miss the most is making Pizza and wings and running them across the street to Mom before or during the game, and getting and giving phone calls throughout the game when Buffalo would score or just to share a comment or two about a specific play.

I love you Mom :(❤️ 

Sorry for you and your family.

• Thank you (+1) 1

She loved wearing her Bills gear and had her favorite players over the years. Bentley. Talley. and most recently Cole Beasley.

When I was in the USAF stationed in Germany throughout the 80's, Mom would send me tapes of all the Bills games. I would either watch them in my dorm room or in the day room with my fellow airman or a few years later when we lived in our home on the economy, we would have a Big Bills watch party, Wings included.

But what I will miss the most is making Pizza and wings and running them across the street to Mom before or during the game, and getting and giving phone calls throughout the game when Buffalo would score or just to share a comment or two about a specific play.

So sorry to hear - I know, there are no right words.

All I can say is that there is no such thing as you will "get over it" like it is some kind of hill you travel over and is forgotten, but in time you may find a corner of your mind where you can pack all those bitter-sweat memories and learn to live with them.

Glad she was able to see and enjoy a much better Bills team last year.

Peace.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Thats touching man.  Great spirit for your team and your mom!!  God bless you and your family:)

• Thank you (+1) 1

I lost my Aunt this past Monday who was also a huge Bills fan.

She lived in south FL for the past 40+ years and never shied away from flying her Bills flags high and wearing the colors even deep behind enemy lines in the heart of Dolphins country. 

I also lost my mom, another huge Bills fan, 3 years ago next week. There always seems to be a strong bond over the Bills between family members who grew up in WNY. It is hard to explain if you didn't grow up around it but I think many of us here experienced Bills football Sundays as a big family event and have lots of memories created around it.

Sorry for your loss. I have to believe Bills Mafia will be even stronger in heaven.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Returntoglory said:

Sorry for your loss.

• Thank you (+1) 1