My Mom passed away yesterday and she loved her Buffalo Bills

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.  You will have those great memories for the rest of your life, and every Sunday in the fall you'll think of her fondly.  In many ways, including through the Bills, she will live on.  And when the Bills win the Super Bowl, if you're like me, you'll think of her and you'll cry.  

My best wishes to you and your family.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Very sorry for your loss.

You make an excellent point about the Bills bringing family together, even if they are not blood. The Bills are a vehicle to make us closer as families. 

RIP. 

EDIT: I took my 93 year old mom to see a house 30 minutes away that my nieces are buying. She’s been pretty much locked down for a year, which is precious in your 90’s with not many left. I’m thrilled that I got to do this with her today because I know that at some point not too far down the road this will be something I could only wish for. The OP’s loss should be a message to all of us. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

thanks for sharing, a good number of  us are passionate-loyal-dedicated Bills fans because of our strong family-community bond that unites no matter our other differences across across WNY, the country, home games, road trips with plane full of Bills fans wearing the colors...a lot of it started with our parents back in the AFL days and we have followed their leads..condolences to your family of Bills fans, may she rest in peace, and her spirit continue to be with you during the games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My deepest condolences at the loss of your beloved Mom.  Losing your Mom is always especially hard.  I lost my own 3 years ago.  One of our favorite things to do together was to watch football.  The Bills especially.  We loved watching college football more, though.  Saturdays were wall to wall games.  She love Notre Dame...I think because of Regis Philbin...so we always watched them play.  I had my teams...UB, Penn State, Central Michigan and Air Force...but we always turned to games that were close in the waning moments.  If the games went into OT, all the better.  We called it bonus football.  Cherish your memories of your Mom.  She.now will have front row seats from her skybox in heaven.  God Bless you.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Very sorry for your loss, I hope you and the rest of your family can find peace during a time like this.

I lost my Dad Dec 20th, and one of my favorite stories from him was when him and my grandfather would tote an old metal Coleman cooler to the Rockplie to watch the Bills play.

Edited by twist_to_open
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I lost my Dad last month, one of my favorite memories was going to a playoff game against Miami, and seeing Marino loosing his ***** with his teammates on the sideline. It was something like 21-3 in the 3rd quarter. Very sorry for the loss of your Mom and I send my condolences to you and your family. 

Edited by Draconator
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Condolences on your loss, amazing how a sport can bring families together.  

My father and grandparents are no longer with us but whenever the Bills win the Super Bowl, that will be the greatest party Heaven has ever seen and I am sure your Mom will be there.

• Thank you (+1) 1

My mom passed away over the summer. Huge Bills fan, only because of me. I'm a rare breed that grew up loving the Bills all on my own.

When I started college and moved out she would call me during games just to ask me if I knew the Bills were on. Lol, even though she always knew I was watching. We didn't have a lot to celebrate regarding the Bills during my teen years and 20's so this was a bitter sweet season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1