Shady McCoy asked who has the stronger arm. Allen or Mahomes. Surprising answer

On 3/4/2021 at 9:58 PM, Mark Vader said:

There's a reason why McCoy was a 2nd round draft pick and Jackson was undrafted, and that is talent.

Fred outperformed Lynch, because Lynch was a dunderhead and didn't want to be in Buffalo.

I've done the eye test and I stand by what I've said.

Define talent. U mean pure athleticism? Fred was plenty talented. He had to beat out every RB he’s ever competed against from numerous leagues. Draft position isn’t all based on “talent.” It’s measurables also.

On 3/5/2021 at 12:31 PM, mjt328 said:

Don't forget the Bills also had Marshawn Lynch, who some consider a future Hall of Famer.

Imagine an in his prime Marshawn Lynch with Josh the only problem would be where to get my super bowl tickets 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

On 3/5/2021 at 9:18 AM, PrimeTime101 said:

High Wonderlic does not mean a lot. many low scorers are great QB's

yes I forgot he said that, great point.

Point taken about the Wonderlic but it just shows how Josh has these little traits that other qbs just don’t seem to...and yeh Shady has never been scared to

voice his opinion about his own teammates or coaches so when I heard him saying yeh this kid is legit...I thought hmm then I saw the Cleveland Preseason game and I knew this kid was different and we maybe seeing greatness if they can clean some stuff up 

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Define talent. U mean pure athleticism? Fred was plenty talented. He had to beat out every RB he’s ever competed against from numerous leagues. Draft position isn’t all based on “talent.” It’s measurables also.

McCoy was "NFL ready", Jackson needed more time to learn.

• Like (+1) 1

This is kind of random I guess, but slightly related to the topic at hand, does anyone else get annoyed by #ChiefsKingdom?

What does that even mean? Chiefs are named after Native American tribe leaders. They didn't have a kingdom. Kingdom makes no sense in the context of their team name. It also sounds clunky and stupid and I cringe every time I read it.

On 3/5/2021 at 9:19 AM, TheFunPolice said:

Imagine if Aaron Rogers had the intensity and drive that Brady does. He might actually win an NFC Title Game once in a while...

What Brady has done to play this long is very simple: an insane, almost maniacal dedication to diet, fitness, and study, plus a little bit of luck in terms of injuries. It's not complicated, but few (if any) can keep it up because you have to sacrifice so much for it. 

If a guy's body holds up and he's really good then he could play well into his 40's. It's the "body holding up" part that is the kicker. Peyton Manning would still be playing if his body didn't fall apart on him. He had the same intensity as Brady but his neck/nerve issues took him out of the game. No amount of yoga or avocado is going to help degenerative neck issues. 

QBs that are top notch actually get better and better as they get older.

Brady has won the majority of his Super Bowls AFTER age 37. Just think about that. If he retired when guys used to he would have 3 rings. 

I still think it’s amazing that  Eli Manning and Rivers played as long as they did without ever missing a game due to injury.

On 3/4/2021 at 9:53 AM, Brennan Huff said:

So now we have to bring him back, right?

Enjoy the fun while it's here.

And continue to pray Josh picks up where he left off as a MVP candidate.

7 hours ago, Boxcar said:

This is kind of random I guess, but slightly related to the topic at hand, does anyone else get annoyed by #ChiefsKingdom?

What does that even mean? Chiefs are named after Native American tribe leaders. They didn't have a kingdom. Kingdom makes no sense in the context of their team name. It also sounds clunky and stupid and I cringe every time I read it.

Makes about as much sense as “Bills Mafia”

2 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Wrong.

Mafia

1a: a secret criminal society of Sicily or Italy

b: a similarly conceived criminal organization in the U.S.also : a similar organization elsewherethe Japanese Mafia

c: a criminal organization associated with a particular trafficthe cocaine Mafia

2: often not capitalized : a group of people likened to the Mafia

Especially : a group of people of similar interests or backgrounds prominent in a particular field or enterprise : CLIQUE

Bills Mafia actually makes complete sense.

7 hours ago, ColeB said:

I still think it’s amazing that  Eli Manning and Rivers played as long as they did without ever missing a game due to injury.

Well, Eli would just sack himself before the other team got a chance, so that helped, I think.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brennan Huff said:

There are several mafia ties to city of Buffalo. My pops worked with/for several of them in his youth.  It ran deep on Chippewa from what he told me

1 hour ago, Boxcar said:

Wrong.

Mafia

1a: a secret criminal society of Sicily or Italy

b: a similarly conceived criminal organization in the U.S.also : a similar organization elsewherethe Japanese Mafia

c: a criminal organization associated with a particular trafficthe cocaine Mafia

2: often not capitalized : a group of people likened to the Mafia

Especially : a group of people of similar interests or backgrounds prominent in a particular field or enterprise : CLIQUE

Bills Mafia actually makes complete sense.

Fair enough 

• Thank you (+1) 1