Shady McCoy asked who has the stronger arm. Allen or Mahomes. Surprising answer

30 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

That was nice but how many long balls (40 + yards) did Allen complete last year? 

Throwing a deep ball doesn't require elite arm strength. It's the tight windows where that makes a difference. I can't believe there are still any Bills fans that don't understand that by now.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Few realize just what a workout and study freak Allen really is, and how disciplined he is. He has said he studies Brady and wants to follow his system.

Josh is going to win a Super Bowl here if he keeps this career arc going, which there is no reason to think he won't. 

As far as Mahomes and Allen and comparisons go... The AFC is going to be a lot of fun for quite a while. 

Guys like Allen and Mahomes have the potential to be around and playing at a high level in their late 30's or even early 40's. That's a lot of years of games and potential playoff meetings. 

Don't recall where I read the insight, but it said the secret of Brady isn't extraordinary athleticism (clearly) or off-platform improv (clearly) but in executing the on-script stuff perfectly, every single time.

Some guys can run the plays correctly but without the physical gifts to execute with live bullets (see: Peterman), and some guys can get by on athleticism alone (see: Lamar). If JA17 ever gets close to the Brady standard while being an absolute lab-hatched QB unit and having broken play superiority as a safety net, has the sport ever seen anything like that?

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

You think Mahommes is threatened by the emergence of Josh? Based on what? 

It's a good thing Brady and Allen are white, otherwise their competitiveness will be misconstrued as ego, bravado, and being unable to control their emotions.

Ah first racist post of the thread! Congrats!!

That’s a great straw man you built there. So brave of you to stand up against it. 

How about this, you send the links of people saying that stuff exclusively about black individuals and we’ll determine if the comment was based on racial animus or a justified criticism. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Respect.. McCoy has never one to be afraid to back down on anything.  We all knew the answer but hearing it from McCoy knowing he's never afraid to answer these type of questions just means that much more.

He was my first tip-off that the Bills may have something special with Josh when people where constantly  trashing the guy after he was picked...after a few practices with Josh he said you can tell he’s special I figured if he’s good enough for Shady I’ll give him a chance 

20 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Few realize just what a workout and study freak Allen really is, and how disciplined he is. He has said he studies Brady and wants to follow his system.

Josh is going to win a Super Bowl here if he keeps this career arc going, which there is no reason to think he won't. 

As far as Mahomes and Allen and comparisons go... The AFC is going to be a lot of fun for quite a while. 

Guys like Allen and Mahomes have the potential to be around and playing at a high level in their late 30's or even early 40's. That's a lot of years of games and potential playoff meetings. 

Josh had the highest Wonderlic score in the draft another one of those things that gets overlooked but makes sense now 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Josh had the highest Wonderlic score in the draft another one of those things that gets overlooked but makes sense now 

High Wonderlic does not mean a lot. many low scorers are great QB's

52 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

He was my first tip-off that the Bills may have something special with Josh when people where constantly  trashing the guy after he was picked...after a few practices with Josh he said you can tell he’s special I figured if he’s good enough for Shady I’ll give him a chance 

yes I forgot he said that, great point.

15 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I dont think I did but whatever. your still not being specific

He is referring to this: 'McCoy has never one to be afraid to back down on anything'

You were trying to say this: 'McCoy has never one to be afraid or back down on anything'

What you typed implies that he isn't afraid to actually back down, implying the opposite of what you intended. I saw it, didn't care and knew what you meant, but as the other person refused to answer your question, I figured I would.

Edited by Westside Madness

4 hours ago, DaggersEOD said:

Ah first racist post of the thread! Congrats!!

That’s a great straw man you built there. So brave of you to stand up against it. 

How about this, you send the links of people saying that stuff exclusively about black individuals and we’ll determine if the comment was based on racial animus or a justified criticism. 

I don’t know if it’s race based but there are definitely double standards with how Brady is treated vs Cam Newton. Brady routinely screams at his players and coaches and just get talked about as a “competitor.” Newton gets trashed for celebrating and looking sad on the sidelines. Some people are calling out Watson while giving passes to Stafford, Wentz for doing the same thing. There are many factors and not every situation is the same. But there are plenty of double standards that go around. 

Allen is a great competitor and we are lucky to have him. I just don’t know how anyone could question Mahomes’ competitive spirit either. 

22 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Probably the most talented yes, but Fred Jackson was special too.

Fred was but his story definitely elevated himself to folk hero status here.

31 minutes ago, Westside Madness said:

He is referring to this: 'McCoy has never one to be afraid to back down on anything'

You were trying to say this: 'McCoy has never one to be afraid or back down on anything'

What you typed implies that he isn't afraid to actually back down, implying the opposite of what you intended. I saw it, didn't care and knew what you meant, but as the other person refused to answer your question, I figured I would.

This is to much silliness for more. both phrases basically mean the same thing and the thread is being hijacked over this stupid stuff.  who gives a crap if i said 

McCoy has never one to be afraid or back down on anything

or

McCoy has never one to be afraid to back down on anything

Hes never been afraid to back down.  Just being afraid has nothing to do with what I am saying.

I am done with this stupid paraphrasing breakdown.  McCoy has never been afraid to back down on anything. I stand by that.. 

Moving on.. people can reply for them selves on there own stuff without others making something out of nothing

I like to call it unneeded drama.

11 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

Don't recall where I read the insight, but it said the secret of Brady isn't extraordinary athleticism (clearly) or off-platform improv (clearly) but in executing the on-script stuff perfectly, every single time.

Some guys can run the plays correctly but without the physical gifts to execute with live bullets (see: Peterman), and some guys can get by on athleticism alone (see: Lamar). If JA17 ever gets close to the Brady standard while being an absolute lab-hatched QB unit and having broken play superiority as a safety net, has the sport ever seen anything like that?

Imagine if Aaron Rogers had the intensity and drive that Brady does. He might actually win an NFC Title Game once in a while...

What Brady has done to play this long is very simple: an insane, almost maniacal dedication to diet, fitness, and study, plus a little bit of luck in terms of injuries. It's not complicated, but few (if any) can keep it up because you have to sacrifice so much for it. 

If a guy's body holds up and he's really good then he could play well into his 40's. It's the "body holding up" part that is the kicker. Peyton Manning would still be playing if his body didn't fall apart on him. He had the same intensity as Brady but his neck/nerve issues took him out of the game. No amount of yoga or avocado is going to help degenerative neck issues. 

QBs that are top notch actually get better and better as they get older.

Brady has won the majority of his Super Bowls AFTER age 37. Just think about that. If he retired when guys used to he would have 3 rings. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t know if it’s race based but there are definitely double standards with how Brady is treated vs Cam Newton. Brady routinely screams at his players and coaches and just get talked about as a “competitor.” Newton gets trashed for celebrating and looking sad on the sidelines. Some people are calling out Watson while giving passes to Stafford, Wentz for doing the same thing. There are many factors and not every situation is the same. But there are plenty of double standards that go around.

Appreciate the response!

I disagree here a bit because with the Cam example, you're comparing what is considered a "good" attitude vs. what's considered a "poor" attitude. I don't think race plays a part (in this specific example, so not a broad brush covering all examples) because poor attitudes are panned regardless of race. See Jay Cutler.

Concerning Watson, his criticism is based on his decision to sign a HUGE contract, then demand a trade the next year. It's his unprecedented actions, not race, that caused the criticism IMO. Stafford/Wentz never did this (please correct me if I'm wrong, I truly like to learn) and are no where near the caliber of player that Watson is.

The purpose of my initial response is that some people seem comfortable throwing those race baiting bombs out there, seemingly for no reason, without any evidence. I guess they just assume the charge is proof enough?

I just don't understand why some folks are so desperate to find racism that they actually get mad when they're told there isn't as much racism as they feared. I thought that would make people happy 🤷‍♂️

23 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

As for the comment about being the best Bills running back since Thurman, well, yeah, probably.   Freddie might have something to say about that.  Bills fans have been blessed to have the running backs we've had.   I've started threads from time to time about the Bills maybe having the best all-time stable of running backs in the league.   Cookie, OJ, Cribbs, Thurman, Freddie, and Shady.  Rank them any way you want, but one of Shady, Cribbs, or Freddie is the 6th best running back in the history of the franchise.   What other team has a #6 that good?

Don't forget the Bills also had Marshawn Lynch, who some consider a future Hall of Famer.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Don't forget the Bills also had Marshawn Lynch, who some consider a future Hall of Famer.

You could also add Travis Henry and maybe McGahee? Not HOF obviously, but they were pretty darn good IMO

Oh and a little odd to add a backup, but I always thought Kenneth Davis was a great RB

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Allen is a great competitor and we are lucky to have him. I just don’t know how anyone could question Mahomes’ competitive spirit either. 

Fred was but his story definitely elevated himself to folk hero status here.

“Many people are saying I’m doing a great job” vibes on this post.

Baker gets crushed when he acts like a little *****. Brady gets a pass because he is the best player in the world. Lebron gets a pass when Carmelo Anthony doesn’t.

5 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

This is to much silliness for more. both phrases basically mean the same thing and the thread is being hijacked over this stupid stuff.  who gives a crap if i said 

McCoy has never one to be afraid or back down on anything

or

McCoy has never one to be afraid to back down on anything

Hes never been afraid to back down.  Just being afraid has nothing to do with what I am saying.

I am done with this stupid paraphrasing breakdown.  McCoy has never been afraid to back down on anything. I stand by that.. 

Moving on.. people can reply for them selves on there own stuff without others making something out of nothing

I like to call it unneeded drama.

What does 'this is too much silliness for more' mean? Are you using speak to text? Have a wonderful weekend.

• Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, DaggersEOD said:

You could also add Travis Henry and maybe McGahee? Not HOF obviously, but they were pretty darn good IMO

Oh and a little odd to add a backup, but I always thought Kenneth Davis was a great RB

Yeah, add Lynch, McGahee and Henry to the list.   Amazing collection of ball carriers.  

7 hours ago, DaggersEOD said:

Appreciate the response!

I disagree here a bit because with the Cam example, you're comparing what is considered a "good" attitude vs. what's considered a "poor" attitude. I don't think race plays a part (in this specific example, so not a broad brush covering all examples) because poor attitudes are panned regardless of race. See Jay Cutler.

Concerning Watson, his criticism is based on his decision to sign a HUGE contract, then demand a trade the next year. It's his unprecedented actions, not race, that caused the criticism IMO. Stafford/Wentz never did this (please correct me if I'm wrong, I truly like to learn) and are no where near the caliber of player that Watson is.

The purpose of my initial response is that some people seem comfortable throwing those race baiting bombs out there, seemingly for no reason, without any evidence. I guess they just assume the charge is proof enough?

I just don't understand why some folks are so desperate to find racism that they actually get mad when they're told there isn't as much racism as they feared. I thought that would make people happy 🤷‍♂️

I can only speak for myself, but with Cam, it's not a white/black thing or a good attitude/bad attitude thing.

It's this:

00-promo-cam-newton.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Rico said:

I can only speak for myself, but with Cam, it's not a white/black thing or a good attitude/bad attitude thing.

It's this:

00-promo-cam-newton.jpg

Dressing like you raided my Oma’s closet isn’t necessarily reflective of attitude. In fact many Omas have awesome attitudes and make amazing cookies.