Shady McCoy asked who has the stronger arm. Allen or Mahomes. Surprising answer

2 hours ago, Logic said:

I had a feeling that was why Mahomes keeps deferring on the "throw-off" idea.

With how competitive Josh is, I get the feeling he'd do it in an instant. For Mahomes, meanwhile, he really has nothing to gain. I also get the feeling that Mahomes is irritated/threatened by the emergence of Josh. I think He liked being the only "freak arm, improvisational wunderkind QB" on the block.

As for Josh being called "more competitive" than Tom Brady by someone who has played with both men? That's just awesome.

I wonder that since Shady has played with the older more "mellow" Brady if he opinion would have been different if he played with a younger Brady.  All in all pretty interesting in that you don't see Josh throwing no temper tantrums on the sideline but yet he is more competitive!  THAT is awesome!

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

You think Mahommes is threatened by the emergence of Josh? Based on what? 

It's a good thing Brady and Allen are white, otherwise their competitiveness will be misconstrued as ego, bravado, and being unable to control their emotions.

The fact Mahomes even asked Shady about Allen arm and talking about its a lose/lose situation if he has a throw off shows Allen is on his mind even if Allen doesn't have all the accolades that he has which is crazy.

Edited by Protocal69
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Beerball said:

I do not think this means what you thought it means.

But, I do understand your sentiment.

He is saying that McCoy is not afraid to answer, so he is not deferring for the sake of being polite to josh or pat. He is deferring because it is so close that he really doesn't know. 

3 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Cutting McCoy for Gore was a bad decision. Stupid move to even sign Gore in the first place.

The Bills did McCoy a favor by cutting him.  They could have tried to trade him but that would have brought Shady's big contract along, and no team was going to pay that unless they could get him for a seventh or a box of tape.  And any team that got him might not have been a winning team.  So Shady was able to go to KC for a lot of money (less than his Bills contract called for), keep playing, get a ring, and then move on and get ANOTHER ring. 

The Bills showed McCoy respect and consideration by the way they handled it.  That's a message the rest of the league got loud and clear.  Good for the Bills they did that.

As for keeping McCoy on board, he clearly wasn't able to be the workhorse they had relied on for years.  Singletary was coming in and they didn't know if he'd be very good.  Keeping Gore around was a good move.

Edited by Utah John
forgot
  • Agree 2

That's what everyone says about Josh Allen, that he's an elite competitor and no matter what it is, he will compete to the end.

I noticed that about him winning some non related to football off-season tournaments in various things and he simply wins.   That is a phenomenal trait to have for an athlete, especially so for it to be your franchise QB.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Magox said:

That's what everyone says about Josh Allen, that he's an elite competitor and no matter what it is, he will compete to the end.

I noticed that about him winning some non related to football off-season tournaments in various things and he simply wins.   That is a phenomenal trait to have for an athlete, especially so for it to be your franchise QB.

Definitely.  Cause it can't be coached. Guys either have it or they don't. 

I've always been a Josh supporter but I remember reading articles about him after his rookie year and I knew by hearing Palmer and other guys speak on his desire to get better,  that we had our franchise QB for a long time!

This is a helluva compliment though, from a great player in his own right. Possible HOFer.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Probably the most talented yes, but Fred Jackson was special too.

Fred Jackson was a good if not great Bill. Loved his play with us and he gave his all. His story is all about perseverance, one that many football fans and football players should take notice of.

LeSean McCoy had more talent than Freddie. By that I mean that Shady was an instant impact type of player who could do it all.

Freddie took time to develop. During his first year with the Bills, Jackson was behind Anthony Thomas and with good reason. Thomas was far more experienced than Jackson and it showed. Jackson was terrible at picking up blitzes and did not look that good as a receiver.

As time went on Freddie got better at his game and he became a very good player for the Bills. I still stand by my original comment about Shady being our best RB since Thurman, but I have plenty of love for Fred Jackson.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Fred Jackson was a good if not great Bill. Loved his play with us and he gave his all. His story is all about perseverance, one that many football fans and football players should take notice of.

LeSean McCoy had more talent than Freddie. By that I mean that Shady was an instant impact type of player who could do it all.

Freddie took time to develop. During his first year with the Bills, Jackson was behind Anthony Thomas and with good reason. Thomas was far more experienced than Jackson and it showed. Jackson was terrible at picking up blitzes and did not look that good as a receiver.

As time went on Freddie got better at his game and he became a very good player for the Bills. I still stand by my original comment about Shady being our best RB since Thurman, but I have plenty of love for Fred Jackson.

I wouldn’t go as far as to say McCoy was more talented than Fred, he just got more opportunities it seems. Bills kept drafting RBs and Fred outperformed them all even Lynch. Just look at the stats and do the eye test. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I wouldn’t go as far as to say McCoy was more talented than Fred, he just got more opportunities it seems. Bills kept drafting RBs and Fred outperformed them all even Lynch. Just look at the stats and do the eye test. 

There's a reason why McCoy was a 2nd round draft pick and Jackson was undrafted, and that is talent.

Fred outperformed Lynch, because Lynch was a dunderhead and didn't want to be in Buffalo.

I've done the eye test and I stand by what I've said.

• Like (+1) 2