Shady McCoy asked who has the stronger arm. Allen or Mahomes. Surprising answer

Josh has improved so much from his rookie year its been to fun to watch. I think he is going to have a similar type of career with the Bills that Ben has had with the Steelers. That is a couple of Super Bowl championships and a team that is usually in the mix for the division and playoffs almost every year. Especially with Beane and McDermott leading the way.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

McCoy was a really pleasant surprise when we had him. Will always be a fan. 

Ditto.  Would've been fun to have the 2015-2017 Shady on last year's Bills team.   

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

Listen to Shady.   Every time I hear something like this, it takes my appreciation of Josh to another level.  Listen to him.  Shady's essentially saying Josh is the most all-round dominant athlete he's ever seen.   Amazing.  

• Like (+1) 8

I had a feeling that was why Mahomes keeps deferring on the "throw-off" idea.

With how competitive Josh is, I get the feeling he'd do it in an instant. For Mahomes, meanwhile, he really has nothing to gain. I also get the feeling that Mahomes is irritated/threatened by the emergence of Josh. I think He liked being the only "freak arm, improvisational wunderkind QB" on the block.

As for Josh being called "more competitive" than Tom Brady by someone who has played with both men? That's just awesome.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 4

32 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

Living in the Harrisburg area, there are more stories of Shady's absolute lack of respect for other human beings than you can shake a stick at.   I am sure becoming an irrelevant ex-athlete will only improve that

It seems like he has matured over the years, though. People change.

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I had a feeling that was why Mahomes keeps deferring on the "throw-off" idea.

With how competitive Josh is, I get the feeling he'd do it in an instant. For Mahomes, meanwhile, he really has nothing to gain. I also get the feeling that Mahomes is irritated/threatened by the emergence of Josh. I think He liked being the only "freak arm, improvisational wunderkind QB" on the block.

As for Josh being called "more competitive" than Tom Brady by someone who has played with both men? That's just awesome.

You think Mahommes is threatened by the emergence of Josh? Based on what? 

It's a good thing Brady and Allen are white, otherwise their competitiveness will be misconstrued as ego, bravado, and being unable to control their emotions.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 6

Few realize just what a workout and study freak Allen really is, and how disciplined he is. He has said he studies Brady and wants to follow his system.

Josh is going to win a Super Bowl here if he keeps this career arc going, which there is no reason to think he won't. 

As far as Mahomes and Allen and comparisons go... The AFC is going to be a lot of fun for quite a while. 

Guys like Allen and Mahomes have the potential to be around and playing at a high level in their late 30's or even early 40's. That's a lot of years of games and potential playoff meetings. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, MJS said:

It seems like he has matured over the years, though. People change.

I think this is true.  He seems to have learned from several of his bad decisions, which is not to say that he won't make more in the future.  But he's smarter, and he's become more thoughtful, over the years.  And Buffalo had something to with that.   He left his roots when he came to Buffalo, and he learned that people would love him just for being Shady.   He didn't need to bring along all of his old life to have us love him.  Buffalo gave him the opportunity to get some distance from the world he grew up in, the opportunity to leave some of it behind.  He saw the opportunity, and he took it.  

As for the comment about being the best Bills running back since Thurman, well, yeah, probably.   Freddie might have something to say about that.  Bills fans have been blessed to have the running backs we've had.   I've started threads from time to time about the Bills maybe having the best all-time stable of running backs in the league.   Cookie, OJ, Cribbs, Thurman, Freddie, and Shady.  Rank them any way you want, but one of Shady, Cribbs, or Freddie is the 6th best running back in the history of the franchise.   What other team has a #6 that good?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2