WFT going from cheerleaders to a coed dance team

Greg S

This seems like a good enough spot for this. Didn't want to start a new thread or resurrect an old one...

Getting rid of their cheerleaders isn't due to wokeism.

It's because the scumbags who run the team can't be around women without behaving like animals. To the point that investigations are concluding the best course of action is for the NFL to force Snyder out.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Shocked 1

On 3/4/2021 at 10:22 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't see why they need cheerleaders at all for a focus on "good old fashion violent sport"

Sex and Violence

Been associated together since the dawn of time.

On 3/4/2021 at 1:04 PM, Lv-Bills said:

Phew!  This makes me feel better.  Couldn't live without this at an NFL game.  Total damage control.   Hi my name is Daniel Snyder, and because I'm a jerk, I give you this to make you think I'm not a jerk.

If that's his objective, he needs to hire better advisors 🤣

21 minutes ago, DaggersEOD said:

If that's his objective, he needs to hire better advisors 🤣

His objective was to win a championship and look at who he has hired over the years to 'advise' him on that front..

• Like (+1) 1

I'm all for more inclusivity (if that's even the point of this).  

But from what most of the women I know who watch football have told me:

a.) they don't mind the all female cheerleaders, and

b.) they never asked for male cheerleaders since they already have plenty of "eye candy" to look at on the field (one woman's words, not my own).  

EDIT:  Ah I see now.  I just read @DrDawkinstein's post above.  Ugh... disgusting.  

Edited by Capco

On 3/4/2021 at 11:05 AM, LittleSammy said:

We old timers will recall the year when the Jills had Buffalo Jack. I think it was only for one season, but it was too long ago to be certain. Poor guy took a ton of abuse from us obnoxious fans in the end zone. Different time/different attitudes, for sure.

Even with all that fan abuse, what a gig!

On 3/4/2021 at 10:41 AM, Blokestradamus said:

I might start watching games again for this.

On 3/4/2021 at 10:38 AM, Logic said:

I just KNEW this topic would be filled with enlightened, modern viewpoints.

Yeah. We should all be "progressive" and "enlightened" for maximum internet virtue signaling points.

edit for wrong quote but it seems it'll stay, like the 2 genders ha ha

Edited by Jerome007
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 3/5/2021 at 12:38 AM, Logic said:

I just KNEW this topic would be filled with enlightened, modern viewpoints.

Nice! Heh heh.

On 3/4/2021 at 11:02 PM, Southtown Tommy said:

Oh boy - following the NBA in game experience model. It will be an assault on your senses.

Yeah. I really don't watch the NBA anymore. Haven't consistently in decades, really. Do they have coed dancers? If they do, that's pretty much proof this is fine.

Other than a smidge of prurient interest, which won't disappear as long as there are some beautiful women in the group - pretty much a 100% probability - I've never had a lot of interest in NFL cheerleaders. 

This is just fine. Wildly unimportant, but just fine. 

Smart for the WFT. They need to repair their atmosphere and this is a good small step. 

As for the rest of the league, whatever. It's not in any way a problem or worth much comment, IMO. I think I already spent too many words on this.

Edited by Thurman#1

20 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This seems like a good enough spot for this. Didn't want to start a new thread or resurrect an old one...

Getting rid of their cheerleaders isn't due to wokeism.

It's because the scumbags who run the team can't be around women without behaving like animals. To the point that investigations are concluding the best course of action is for the NFL to force Snyder out.

Woaoa!  That is major.  NFL investigation recommendation:  "Force owner to divest"  😱

4 hours ago, ColeB said:

Occasionally when I see the WFT used, I have to do a double take because I think WTF, which also applies to that team.

Me as well.  Glad I'm not the only one.

Meh, who cares. Nothing wrong with that.

I actually prefer having the drum corps vs. having cheerleaders. I’d rather see more teams do that, or even bring in a small marching band (like college teams). I think that gets the crowd way more into the game than cheerleaders do.

5 hours ago, ColeB said:

Occasionally when I see the WFT used, I have to do a double take because I think WTF, which also applies to that team.

Same here!

19 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Meh, who cares. Nothing wrong with that.

That's basically where I am.  It's adding entertainment they hope will enhance the live experience for fans. 

I tend to believe that football is more about business than some folks seem to.  I would assume the WFT has done demographic studies of fans attending live games and done some surveys and concluded that a male/female dance team would be of more general interest.

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/4/2021 at 7:11 AM, Don Otreply said:

Can we not have some good old fashion violent sport without someone trying to homogenize it into an America’s got talent show...  🤮

Alexander the Great, and many of his contemporaries swung both ways.  They were all about violence.  A lot of violence.

Maybe this is the logic behind the new glee club.

• Haha (+1) 1