Kellen Winslow Jr sentenced to 14 Years for rapes

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

Agreed.

I was just reaching the age where I paid attention to football when the Bills had this great running back - Orenthal something or other - whom I idolized. Shortly after his retirement and long before the murders, it started becoming evident that his off-the-field behavior was, to say the least, not worthy of idol worship. (Several domestic violence reports, police being called to his house, etc.) I was in high school by then, and that's the point when I realized that idolizing celebrities was a mistake. I'm glad I never got a Bills 32 jersey when I was a kid.

IF I were ever to make an exception, it would be for Kyle Williams. Unlikely to ever happen, but I loved that guy! He just felt like a guy who would never let you or the team down in any way. 

Along with jerseys, I don’t get autographs. I’m not going to try to make money from it, so why do I want you to write your name on something so I can keep it in a drawer. Again, just personal preference, but that’s just not for me. 

On 3/3/2021 at 5:05 PM, mattynh said:

14 years?  All that was needed is 1 bullet.

concur. 

On 3/3/2021 at 5:57 PM, Beast said:

As a person who deals specifically with the investigation and prosecution of these crimes I can tell you that many, MANY victims just can't handle the court room, leading to plea bargains with lighter sentences. When cases like these go to trial and the defendant is found guilty, my experience is the judge usually drops the hammer.

Im curious, are they able to use recorded testimony in some cases? I get the “facing your accuser in court thing” but for some situations there should be some version of a digital equivalent. 

22 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

concur. 

Im curious, are they able to use recorded testimony in some cases? I get the “facing your accuser in court thing” but for some situations there should be some version of a digital equivalent. 

If the judge agrees to it but the defense still would get to cross-examine the victim/witness. There has to be reasons other than the fragile state of the victim.

A lot of times that will happen for an expert witness, like a Doctor, who can't make it to testify during a trial.

Edited by Beast