Gabe Jackson to be released

I'd take Gabe but it depends on the price he's seeking. If it's in the 4-6mil range with incentives why not but for more then that no way. 

I want him hungry that's when he seems to play at his best. 2 yrs in a row his play has dipped in the wrong direction. Maybe he got comfortable with his money or maybe he was dealing with injuries that slowed him down. Either the Bills should proceed with caution with Gabe. 

17 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Bye Bye Mongo.. all the best with the new team..

I feel like we could resign mongo still as a reserve guard / center. God, knows Morse is one more concussion from hanging up his cleats. Probably should have already based on his medical history imo. 

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Ford is not going to be guaranteed a job IMO. He is competing, whether at guard or at tackle. He is going to have to beat someone out.

They’ll get him competition but the type he should be able beat out.  I think they like Ford a lot

More than some of The Mafia does.

14 hours ago, NewEra said:

And we start a rookie RT?  Better draft him rd 1.  I don’t think there’s any chance that we sign Feliciano, Jackson and Williams.  I’m all about bolstering the OL this offseason, but if pay good money to 2 IOL and draft a RT high (or resign Williams), our OL better dominate.  

I think moving Mongo to C is a bad move the more I think about it. One of his best attributes is being able to slide over to center.  If he’s the center, we’d need to invest properly into a swing c/g backup.  

seems like a lot of eggs in the OL basket that could be similar to last years, while basically swapping out Morse for Jackson and possibly a 1st rd pick for Williams depending on what we do.  

Dunno if we’d get a return on the investment unless we got Jackson, Feliciano (and possibly Williams) for cheap. 

Might be better off finding another Feliciano for 2.5M instead of the 6-8 he may get.  

I hear you.  Decisions decisions.  I’d rather they keep Daryl Williams.  Whatever they do the line must improve in the run game.  The OL cannot be allowed  hold the team back this coming season.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think they like Ike a lot too though.

I agree.  That said, he wasn’t a 2nd round pick.  If the Bills don’t bring back Mongo that might be a strong reflection on Boettger.  As for Ford, unless he is just butt naked incompetent during camp/pre-season,  he will be in the starting lineup.

On 3/4/2021 at 2:04 PM, ScottLaw said:

Of course they like him.... they traded up in the 2nd to get him....they will somehow force him in the lineup, IMO. Hopefully not at the expense of someone better.  

Like I said, the competition he will get is the type of competition he should be able to beat out.  It wouldn’t be a player who is obviously, hands down better.