Gabe Jackson to be released

I wouldnt rush out to sign Gabe Jackson.   He was one of the best Guards in football three years ago but he is on the downside of his career.    He is still starting quality, but I would argue that when you consider age, availability, performance and money, he probably isnt a major upgrade over Feliciano.   

It's a very good draft for Offensive Lineman.   It would take a very special case for me to want the Bills to rush out to sign a 30 year old player when you have so many younger options to consider.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Well if you sign Gabe you are not retaining Mongo. So it makes no difference to Ford. Gabe plays one G spot and Ford and Ike compete for the other one.

What if they cut Morse, move Feliciano to center at like $6 million a year?  Gabe Jackson and Ford/Boettger/Rookie compete.

13 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Bye Bye Mongo.. all the best with the new team..

That would be ironic.  There's no way they can do both, and it's clear who the better player is...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

I wouldnt rush out to sign Gabe Jackson.   He was one of the best Guards in football three years ago but he is on the downside of his career.    He is still starting quality, but I would argue that when you consider age, availability, performance and money, he probably isnt a major upgrade over Feliciano.   

It's a very good draft for Offensive Lineman.   It would take a very special case for me to want the Bills to rush out to sign a 30 year old player when you have so many younger options to consider.

This is going to be a wild year for Free Agency so Jackson could be one of these guys looking to ride it out by signing a cheap 1 year deal with a good team and then look to sign a longer deal in 2022...

Would you take him for 1 year at $5-6M? 

If they dont re-sign Williams, I would be in favour of them signing a good Guard in FA, and drafting a Tackle early.

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

This is going to be a wild year for Free Agency so Jackson could be one of these guys looking to ride it out by signing a cheap 1 year deal with a good team and then look to sign a longer deal in 2022...

Would you take him for 1 year at $5-6M? 

If they dont re-sign Williams, I would be in favour of them signing a good Guard in FA, and drafting a Tackle early.

Depends on what they do with Morse.  The only way I'd consider it is if Feliciano moves to center.  Otherwise I'd rather just pay Felciano to play right guard.  

I'd really prefer them to look to get younger along the O-Line.  

33 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Well if you sign Gabe you are not retaining Mongo. So it makes no difference to Ford. Gabe plays one G spot and Ford and Ike compete for the other one.

Id rather keep Mongo, add Gabe and Ford can be a swing guard/tackle

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Does Mongo’s ability to fill in at Center affect this?  Can Gabe fill in? Is Morse in any danger? 

Edited by Augie

46 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. Or Ford competes at RT if they don’t sign Williams. Which I pray does not happen. 

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Chris Brown believes Jackson was roommates with Mongo in Oakland/LA/Oakland/Las Vegas.

Yes, please Beane!

I wanted the Bills to draft this guy, but instead we ended up with Cyril Richardson. :sick:

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Do it!!  He’d be an upgrade over Mongo and didn’t allow a sack to Chris Jones in 2 games!

Wonder how much he’ll cost. 

Yeah but can Jackson take down a DE......2 minutes after Josh has been pile-drived 15 yards behind the line of scrimmage?

• Haha (+1) 3