Chris Simms Has Zach Wilson Ahead Of Trevor Lawrence?

H2o

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm not saying Fromm is better than Fields.  I'm saying this is like an EJ vs. Tyrod comparison?  Was Tyrod better than EJ?  Yes.  Does that mean Tyrod was very good?  Nope.

Nothing I've seen, nor heard about, Fields tells me that he's a sure thing at the next level.  Therefore, I don't know why any team would pick him in the first round.

He is a good prospect. I don't think he is perfect but there are 4 pretty good Quarterback prospects in this draft for the teams that need them. I think Fields needs a certain scheme fit early on - but if I was the Jets of the Falcons running that Shanahan style scheme with lots of boots and play action with half field reads and one defender reads I'd be perfectly content to take Fields.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

He is a good prospect. I don't think he is perfect but there are 4 pretty good Quarterback prospects in this draft for the teams that need them. I think Fields needs a certain scheme fit early on - but if I was the Jets of the Falcons running that Shanahan style scheme with lots of boots and play action with half field reads and one defender reads I'd be perfectly content to take Fields.

Thanks, Gunner.  I'll end with this:  Thank GOD we have our QB.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

How is he gunna get attention if he says the same thing as everyone else?

That is the last thing Chris Simms is trying to do.  He's got a great record when it comes to evaluating college QBs. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Flip #1 and #2, but it's legit. I just don't think Wilson is the "clear cut" #1. Lawrence has been dominating the best schools in the nation for 3 years basically. But then you have a guy like Josh Allen come along, now everyone is thinking outside of the typical boxes that QB's have been put into. 

It's question asked in more like a "wtf" manner. :thumbsup:

That's a bit of an exaggeration.  The ACC ain't the SEC and Lawrence has had some not-so-great games against the best teams he's faced.  More importantly, much like Tua at Alabama, Lawrence has been playing with a stacked deck his entire career.  Since day one, he's been surrounded by a team comprised almost entirely of future NFL players, especially at the skill positions.  I think that makes Lawrence a little tougher to evaluate.    

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, mannc said:

That is the last thing Chris Simms is trying to do.  He's got a great record when it comes to evaluating college QBs. 

He does have a decent record but having Kellen Mond ahead of Fields and Lance is more than a little odd.

Going into this season, he had Kyler Murray ahead of Brees, Rivers, Ben, Brady, and Josh.  Drew Lock Daniel Jones ahead of Burrow

He had Taysom Hill ahead of Justin Hebert.  He had Wentz at 6, Cam Newton at 10!!

Enough with this guy already.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Going into this season, he had Kyler Murray (and Kik Cousinsahead of Brees, Rivers, Ben, Brady, and Josh.

He had Taysom Hill ahead of Justin Hebert.  He had Wentz at 6, Cam Newton at 10!!

Enough with this guy already.

You mean before the season started and before Herbert had played a snap in the NFL?  Before the draft last year, Simms had Herbert as QB2, just a shade behind Joe Burrow.  He also had Tua as QB4, behind Jordan Love.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He does have a decent record but having Kellen Mond ahead of Fields and Lance is more than a little odd.

Simms has been better than "decent" at evaluating college QBs for the draft lately.  He had Mahomes as QB1, Josh Allen as QB 1, and last year he had Burrow and Herbert at 1A and 1B, with Tua at 4.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

You mean before the season started and before Herbert had played a snap in the NFL?  Before the draft last year, Simms had Herbert as QB2, just a shade behind Joe Burrow.  He also had Tua as QB4, behind Jordan Love.

Simms has been better than "decent" at evaluating college QBs for the draft lately.  He had Mahomes as QB1, Josh Allen as QB 1, and last year he had Burrow and Herbert at 1A and 1B, with Tua at 4.

He did really like Drew Lock too though..  I like Simms. Like him a lot. If Kellen Mond ends up a better NFL QB than Fields and Lance I'd be shocked.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

He did really like Drew Lock too though..  I like Simms. Like him a lot. If Kellen Mond ends up a better NFL QB than Fields and Lance I'd be shocked.

I don’t remember Simms’s analysis of Lock, but that was a pretty terrible QB draft.

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, mannc said:

Yes.  He's that good at predicting the best QBs for the NFL, yet he had Herbert (and Burrow) behind bums like Jones.  If the rule is that no snaps can't get you ahead of a starter, then don't rank them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Yes.  He's that good at predicting the best QBs for the NFL, yet he had Herbert (and Burrow) behind bums like Jones.  If the rule is that no snaps can't get you ahead of a starter, then don't rank them.

Hey, Burrow and Herbert exceeded expectations.  And it was reasonable to think Jones was going to get better after having a pretty good rookie season.

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Has he?

The ACC is ok, but it's not like he has been lighting up the SEC, or that Clemson's schedule is that difficult.

And he had a decent game with a stacked Clemson team in the 2018-19 National Championship against Bama, but did not play well against LSU last year, and got bounced in the 1st round of playoffs this year.

Are VA Tech and Pitt the best schools in the nation?

Dont get me wrong. I believe he is a better prospect than Wilson, and the #1 QB prospect. But I'm just not sure he has been dominant against the best teams.

Since he has Sunshine’s flowing locks, that would break any tie. 

My kids knew every line in Remember The Titans....to the point of almost being annoying. But mostly amusing. 

I had never even heard of Mond before, so I’ll hang up and listen. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, mannc said:

Hey, Burrow and Herbert exceeded expectations.  And it was reasonable to think Jones was going to get better after having a pretty good rookie season.

Burrow looked as expected.  Herbert was better than expected.   Jones had 3 big games his rookie year (accounting for 1/3 of his yards and more than 1/2 of his TDs).  He led the league in fumbles with 18.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

I’ve been saying Wilson is the QB1 in this draft for awhile... not that it matters at all what I think lol. A lot of reports coming out that some teams have Wilson as QB1 in the draft as well. It’s no knock on Lawrence, Wilson is just THAT good. 

Point being... it’s not very extreme. 

Wilson is a very good QB. I really think he would have benefitted by staying at Brigham Young for 1 more year.

I don't think he's ready to be a starter in the NFL as a rookie.