Cynthia Frelund's Analytics Based Mock Draft

Boxcar

25 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree. I wouldn't be adverse to that. I just don't think the Bills have any interest in changing Tremaine's position.

I wouldn't hate drafting Collins. So much talent there. I wouldn't love drafting him just trying to slot him into Milano's spot.

I really hope he’s there. It would definitely improve the run defense. He can do it all. Think of a bigger, more athletic Kuechly potential 

2 hours ago, chknwing334 said:

I can't stand Cynthia Frelund.  Something about her is extremely unlikable.  Her predictions before each game of "301.7 yards passing" instead of simply rounding to the nearest 5 yards is very annoying for some reason. Who predicts passing and rushing yards to the exact yardage?  I get it that she types everything into a program and comes up with these numbers, but c'mon.  

Let’s be honest she’s there to add a girl to the broadcast...they seem to be in this gotta get as many women around the game as they can type deal...she adds absolutely nothing then someone from say some analytics website could do 

3 hours ago, chknwing334 said:

I can't stand Cynthia Frelund.  Something about her is extremely unlikable.  Her predictions before each game of "301.7 yards passing" instead of simply rounding to the nearest 5 yards is very annoying for some reason. Who predicts passing and rushing yards to the exact yardage?  I get it that she types everything into a program and comes up with these numbers, but c'mon.  

oldest trick in the book. If you add a decimal it makes your calculation sound more credible, even if it’s bs

3 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

I understand (I think) your point, but are you saying you legitimately wouldn't take McCaffrey in the Buffalo backfield? Because, Etienne might be that player...

I would run to the podium to take a top playmaker over an OT in the 1st at 30.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Most wouldn't agree, which is OK, but I would look at LB and CB at 30 hoping a player is there. Big body DT would be on that list but I'm not sure any of them are worth #30 in this draft.

If none of those make sense I would take a physical interior OL.

Alvin Kamara or CMC would be highly frustrated behind this line on inside runs.

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks for sharing.  Some of the analytical information is useful in learning about prospects.  I like the player mocked to us, although I'd go Harris or Etitine there.  On the other hand, this comment about a prospect is just useless: "From a pure speed standpoint, on plays where he was not touched, Oweh had the fastest burst among edge rushers in the FBS last season, as measured by the time it took him to travel 5 yards from the line of scrimmage."   On plays where he was not touched?  Um, what happened when he was touched?  

Edited by RyanC883

13 hours ago, eball said:

But is she hot or not?

Hey Sherlock, open the attachment or use this crazy thing called GOOGLE!  I’m just kidding eman, I know you have a good sense of humor.

The only way I see us taking a RT (assuming Dawkins is our guy) is we’ve passed on a D. Williams extension.  To me, this is a mistake.

I haven’t seen much on Ettiene, but if he is remotely like McCaffrey, I’d love it.  That guy is so dynamic like another said Kamara.  These guys have the ability to be a traditional RB, but also are a major receiving threat.  Considering we may not upgrade our TE group, at least improve our short game.  I don’t understand gambling on a draft prospect, when we have a proven RT already and still have some flexibility in reduce, restructure others.  Williams had several very good years in his professional career, and one tough injury to get over, but he’s proven his worth.

On the other hand Moss is kind of a one trick pony, and Im losing faith in Singletary.  It’s not just his lack of ability to get through the hole, but his dropped passes this year drove me nuts.  I know it wasn’t a lot, but c’mon, how hard is to catch a pass maybe a couple of yards over the LOS.

One side note that is promising is NFL reporting by women has evolved from not just some eye candy as a sideline reporting, but some very good analysts and informative.  If any of you have listened to NFLR, one regular that is interviewed about things from the Browns is Mary Kay Cabbott.  She’s great and I see that as progress in 2021.  I know women have been reporting in the NFL for awhile, but it continues to progress and is great for gender politics. 

• Like (+1) 1

I like her nose Its different  :) 

She also has a great body and loves football.

Although some of her takes are a bit off....like the week she said sit Beasley and he had 11 catches 109yds and  a TD  it was the Cards game ;) 

17 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I am in the group that thinks RBs are NOT a dime a dozen, but I think the Bills’ OL is a much bigger problem in the run game than Singletary and Moss were.  I think you would be wasting a year or more of the short RB career of a top back behind this OL and that is before we know if they will lose one or more starting OL in FA.

And I agree that Offensive Line was an issue, but the notion of Drafting a dynamic RB in the 1st, e.g. Etienne, does not exclude the upgrade at Offensive Line through both FA and the Draft. Wyatt Teller was a 5th round pick by the Bills that just had one of the best years in the league last year for the Browns. I think you can do both is my point. 

While I understand her approach, I strongly doubt the Falcons will pick Paye at #4.  That's like drafting Takarist McKinley all over again.   I think they will draft Matt Ryan's successor.  

This draft is probably scaring NFL teams to death with so many players opting out from last season.  Are they out of shape?  Did they over-condition where they will tear an ACL in short order?  

20 hours ago, FFadpecr said:

Why not improve both at once? FA happens before the draft.

RG Gabe Jackson was just released. The Bills could sign Gabe Jackson to play RG, have Cody Ford play LG (better run blocker than Boettger)....and then they could use the 1st round pick on Travis Etienne. 

Boom - that just upgraded the Run-Blocking and the RBs....it doesn't have to be one or the other.

Except the Bills are very tight on cap space and they haven’t even opened the Brinks truck for Allen yet. 

On 3/3/2021 at 11:47 AM, Boxcar said:

I found it interesting. I don't know how resistant NFL fans are to analytics as I'm more familiar with the vitriol they receive from baseball fans, but I always think these types of things carry some value, if for no other reason than to give an alternate perspective. No "I like this guy because of X" or anything like that. Pure numbers.

https://www.nfl.com/news/cynthia-frelund-2021-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-who-teams-should-draft-to-win-now

I'd be pretty surprised to see Wilson and Fields go that low and I'm not enthused over the Pats getting Trey Lance so let's hope that doesn't happen.

For the TL;DR she has us taking OT Teven Jenkins as the best upgrade to our roster from what would be available.

I don't think it makes since to take a RT at #30 if the Bills resign D. Williams. But if they don't, they almost have to.

I think Teven Jenkins is a beast, and he's from Oklahoma State, not Oklahoma. So it isn't like going back to the same well for Ford. 

There's maybe 4 guys at RT that could step in right away. Jenkins might be the best of the bunch. Dude is a beast.