Jordan Phillips tweets about Bills’ Mafia getting so mad about Watt.

No reason people should crap on Jordan, he was cheering for and rooting for the Bills all playoffs.  He loves Buffalo and the fan base.  He's not a hater just because he's excited about Watt joining his team.  

And as a non- biased Bills fan...I will say 3 things:  One, we couldn't afford to pay him and it was right decision not to pay him.  Two, he played his ass off here and loved every minute of being a Bill and loved the fans.  Three, our defensive line was not as good without him.  Doesn't mean he isn't replaceable, and honestly losing Star hurt our DL more, but its not like we can say we got better with him leaving either.  

So wish the man well, glad he got the contract he wanted after working hard here for the Bills and the fans.  He wanted to stay, but we just couldn't pay him what he was going to get from AZ.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No reason people should crap on Jordan, he was cheering for and rooting for the Bills all playoffs.  He loves Buffalo and the fan base.  He's not a hater just because he's excited about Watt joining his team.  

And as a non- biased Bills fan...I will say 3 things:  One, we couldn't afford to pay him and it was right decision not to pay him.  Two, he played his ass off here and loved every minute of being a Bill and loved the fans.  Three, our defensive line was not as good without him.  Doesn't mean he isn't replaceable, and honestly losing Star hurt our DL more, but its not like we can say we got better with him leaving either.  

So wish the man well, glad he got the contract he wanted after working hard here for the Bills and the fans.  He wanted to stay, but we just couldn't pay him what he was going to get from AZ.

I agree with all of this.  Will also add that it's a bad look for our fanbase if that many people are getting mad on twitter that Phillips feels compelled to react to it. 

• Agree 3

On 3/3/2021 at 6:09 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

For real. We have the best fans but they get so salty over the littlest things sometimes. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

On 3/3/2021 at 11:59 AM, billsfan89 said:

He made a lot of big plays. I can think of two games in 2019 where he made critical big time plays that may have been the difference in games. He also was the teams most consistent pass rusher. He was a flawed player because I do think his play contributed to the bad run defense in the middle of 2019. But once McD adjusted around his freelancing it worked really well.

To me he was a wild card.  He could blow up a play and manhandle anyone in front of him, or he could disappear for long stretches.  Given how solid the rest of the D was, on the balance he was a positive contributor though, and had to be accounted for.  There isn't really anyone on the DL now that commands that much respect.  I'm a fan of Oliver but without some more beef and strength around him, he's not going to be able to make the sort of impact we need.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, Cash said:

I agree with all of this.  Will also add that it's a bad look for our fanbase if that many people are getting mad on twitter that Phillips feels compelled to react to it. 

54 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

For real. We have the best fans but they get so salty over the littlest things sometimes. 

I'm sure Browns and Packers fans weren't happy either but Phillips probably doesn't follow them.  Although I'm sure a lot of the vitriol is over him choosing Arizona versus the Bills or even those other teams.  To me the Cardinals look more primed to be the 2020 Texans than a SB contender.

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I honestly didnt get too excited over Watt.....was pretty luke warm on this because of his injury history.  He is a name.

Give me a "Watt type" type player though.......mean, nasty, and younger

On 3/3/2021 at 7:54 AM, Tipster19 said:

https://twitter.com/bigj9797/status/1366505177075826692?s=21

I miss the guy, he’s what we need and he would of made a difference last year. I never wanted him to go, hopefully he ends up back here but if not Arizona has one serious DL!

I loved his enthusiasm and was a strong voice in all of the mic’d up videos. Just wish he would have chose deep playoff runs instead of a quick payday.

On 3/5/2021 at 10:55 AM, Doc said:

I'm sure Browns and Packers fans weren't happy either but Phillips probably doesn't follow them.  Although I'm sure a lot of the vitriol is over him choosing Arizona versus the Bills or even those other teams.  To me the Cardinals look more primed to be the 2020 Texans than a SB contender.

I mean, two wrongs don’t make a right. Maybe the Packers fans were harassing other Cardinals players like crazy and I didn’t hear about it - that’s totally plausible. But if so, that’s a bad look for their fans, too. I don’t know if our fan base is the worst or the best or where in between, but I know that we collectively have room for improvement. 

Side note: Wide range of outcomes for the Cardinals for sure. But if Kyler takes a big step in his third year, they’ll be a contender next year for sure. We just saw a similar situation with our team last year!

31 minutes ago, Cash said:

I mean, two wrongs don’t make a right. Maybe the Packers fans were harassing other Cardinals players like crazy and I didn’t hear about it - that’s totally plausible. But if so, that’s a bad look for their fans, too. I don’t know if our fan base is the worst or the best or where in between, but I know that we collectively have room for improvement. 

Side note: Wide range of outcomes for the Cardinals for sure. But if Kyler takes a big step in his third year, they’ll be a contender next year for sure. We just saw a similar situation with our team last year!

Twitter is a scourge.  I'll leave it at that.

As for the side note, Murray could take a big step and play like Watson did last year...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I think a big part of the reactions Watt got from people after he made his choice was just it didn't really seem to make sense. If he'd gone to a contender like everyone thought much less of a reaction I think.

Why is everyone so sure that the Cardinals aren't a contender?

Russ Wilson is fanning the flames of trade talks and frankly, the 2nd half of the season the Seasnakes offense looked ordinary and their defense seemed questionable all year. 

The Rams just shipped their Franchise Guy out of town for a 33 yr old QB of unknown ability to work in their offense

6-10 can turn to 10-6 in a hurry.  I could easily see the NFC West flipping around next year.

• Like (+1) 1

No need for anyone to be butthurt about it all.  I don't blame Watt for taking the guaranteed money, but FA has a lot of Edge talent this season.  For the kind of money Watt got I’d rather pay a DE that is younger and will be around for a lot longer.  There’s obviously a changing of the guard in process for the Bills at DE and I’d rather acquire a player who is likely to be a cornerstone complete DE.  Epenesa may turn out to be one as well, but the jury is still out on him.

Watt was just going to be a 1 or 2 year player.  He might be better than Addison or Hughes at this point, but they are all at the end of the highly productive part of their careers.  For the kind of money Watt cost I want a long term impact player.  JMO 

9 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I think a big part of the reactions Watt got from people after he made his choice was just it didn't really seem to make sense. If he'd gone to a contender like everyone thought much less of a reaction I think.

Agreed.  Also think it had to do with him making it so dramatic for two weeks.  Had he come out not said a word and just signed with AZ it wouldnt have been so negative 

14 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Why is everyone so sure that the Cardinals aren't a contender?

Russ Wilson is fanning the flames of trade talks and frankly, the 2nd half of the season the Seasnakes offense looked ordinary and their defense seemed questionable all year. 

The Rams just shipped their Franchise Guy out of town for a 33 yr old QB of unknown ability to work in their offense

6-10 can turn to 10-6 in a hurry.  I could easily see the NFC West flipping around next year.

It's possible they're a playoff contender provided the other teams in the division falter.  But a SB contender?

• Agree 1